Which tee what hcap.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Reading the 95% hcap adjustment may be scrapped thread and it has got me thinking. My WHS IS 15.5, on the whites that’s 17 shots less 95% is 16 shots. Yet on the yellows I get 17 shots with 95% adjustment. Now the white and yellow tee markers are together during the winter. So do I get 16 or 17 shots.
Thoughts please.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
When you say together, do you mean both on the yellow tee (plate) or between the two in a new position?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Need to know,
White tees - Par, Course Rating, Slope Rating.
Yellow tees - Par, Course Rating, Slope Rating.

Are the tee markers both placed where you would usually see your yellow markers during the rest of the year?
EDiIT - oops, two of us asking the same.

Bratty

Visit site
I meant have the whites been moved to where the yellows always are, vice versa, or a new winter position entirely?

Bratty

Visit site
Need to know,
White tees - Par, Course Rating, Slope Rating.
Yellow tees - Par, Course Rating, Slope Rating.

Are the tee markers both placed where you would usually see your yellow markers during the rest of the year?
EDiIT - oops, two of us asking the same.
Great minds! ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Because the course is now set up for winter the yellow and white tees are together. ?
What colour tee would that normally be in Summer? White or Yellow? I'd have assumed Yellow, but it's important to know - and maybe worth confirming that's the way WHS regards it too.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading the 95% hcap adjustment may be scrapped thread and it has got me thinking. My WHS IS 15.5, on the whites that’s 17 shots less 95% is 16 shots. Yet on the yellows I get 17 shots with 95% adjustment. Now the white and yellow tee markers are together during the winter. So do I get 16 or 17 shots.
Thoughts please.
If the white tee markers are placed where the yellows would be normally then the club should simply remove the white tees and play to the yellow CR & Slope.

Bratty

Visit site
What colour tee would that normally be in Summer? White or Yellow? I'd have assumed Yellow, but it's important to know - and maybe worth confirming that's the way WHS regards it too.
Far more succinct way of saying what I wanted!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm also puzzled how Yellow CH is greater than White CH!
But Calc from Stats Voyager asked should settle why.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just look where the nearest plate is - that’s the tee rating you should use

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yes ( most of ) the white tees are where the yellows would normally be. The 18th has been pushed back 30 yards to the white tees as that has an all weather mat.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes ( most of ) the white tees are where the yellows would normally be. The 18th has been pushed back 30 yards to the white tees as that has an all weather mat.
Just remove the white markers and play to the yellow course rating and slope.

I'm also puzzled how Yellow CH is greater than White CH!
But Calc from Stats Voyager asked should settle why.
Presumably the slope accounts for it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Presumably the slope accounts for it.
That's why I'm puzzled. Slope from Yellows > than from Whites?
Indeed, possible, but I've not seen any instances.
Peculiar setup...where course is deemed easier off Whites than off Yellows!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The question I would ask is every single tee the same.

Where I play some of the tees are like this but not all of them.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's why I'm puzzled. Slope from Yellows > than from Whites?
Indeed, possible, but I've not seen any instances.
Peculiar setup...where course is deemed easier off Whites than off Yellows!
It isn't. It is not at all unusual for the Slope of a course (ie set of tees) to be higher than the Slope of a course with a higher Course Rating.

Slope is not the measure of inherent difficulty. That is Course Rating. Slope only indicates the relative difficulty of that set of tees for the higher handicapper as opposed to the lower handicapper.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It isn't. It is not at all unusual for the Slope of a course (ie set of tees) to be higher than the Slope of a course with a higher Course Rating.

Slope is not the measure of inherent difficulty. That is Course Rating. Slope only indicates the relative difficulty of that set of tees for the higher handicapper as opposed to the lower handicapper.
I know how the Slope system works. Just haven't come across any instances where White is relatively easier then Yellows, though I can imagine situations where that might be the case (bunkers out of reach for example). Any examples where the difference is significant?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know how the Slope system works. Just haven't come across any instances where White is relatively easier then Yellows, though I can imagine situations where that might be the case (bunkers out of reach for example). Any examples where the difference is significant?
Not without doing some searching. It's not something I have been concerned about. Play the course as you find it ;)

Just found one. The Morgans at Hunley Hall. They have four different rated 18 hole 'courses' played on their 27 holes.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I know back years ago when par was based upon pure yardage 3 of the holes where I play became par 5 off the whites v par 4 off the yellows with not a great deal of difference in the actual yardage or difficulty. With most of the rest of the course there is not a great deal of difference in difficulty between white and yellows.

On one of those holes it definitely takes a fairway bunker out of play and on another it takes a a group of tees out of play for the drives. However with the WHS the holes have the same par but there is a 1.4 difference in CR (white being higher).