Which is my provisional?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Where these on special offer like the Titliest 66 recently ?

And I bet half of them were '99'! :whistle:

Nope Del. 'Special' ones aside, boxes are generally 1-4 (occasionally 5-8), with sleeves all numbered the same. Making it up (again)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

From memory, I think they were Top Flite distance balls. :)

So basically you are just being awkward for the sake of it when you know that balls in boxes mainly come in numbers 1-4 unless it's a special

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe, but I still don't understand why sleeves couldn't contain balls stamped with 3 different numbers. :rolleyes:

Dead easy to answer, production and packaging efficiency.

Stick different numbers in each box and they'll take longer to package, longer to package means less available for sale in an equal timescale, less in the timescale mean's you'll sell less in the timescale therefore selling prices go up to compensate for the loss of profit for that timescale.

Basic economics, surely even a scientist can understand that.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So basically you are just being awkward for the sake of it when you know that balls in boxes mainly come in numbers 1-4 unless it's a special

Learning from a Master? :rolleyes: I'm off to AG just down the road to check out some Topflite Distance boxes just to make sure!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Well, that AG doesn't stock them and the Pro in there said he hadn't seen them for years, but laughed at the thought of all having the same number. The 15-ball packs (Pinnacle) had 1-4 plus a random sleeve if 1-4 as the 5th sleeve. The 9-holer nearby also don't stock Topflites.

I'm still calling B/S on the all in a box being same numbers, though sleeves yes.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just opened two boxes of Srixon. Both contain 4 sleeves of 4 balls. One sleeve has all 1s, the others 2s, 3s and 4s

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just opened two boxes of Srixon. Both contain 4 sleeves of 4 balls. One sleeve has all 1s, the others 2s, 3s and 4s

Where do you get balls in 16's ;)

Personally I'm in the different colours camp and tend to use 3 colours. Problem with the blemish FG Tour is that can end up with a lot of the same number so colour ensure less chance of a mix up. I just play a red provisional if I had first played a blue etc. Use at least two different colours and you'll not get mixed up and a multipack of sharpies work out pretty cheap. Combined with also having a mix of yellow and white Wilson FG Tours in the bag it isn't a situation I'll need to worry about.