Which Brands - Longer Polo Shirts

StuartH90

Visit site
Hello,

A newbie to the forum. Having played twice this weekend in the sunshine and without need for a jumper, I kept having my polo shirts 'untuck' themselves with full shots. A little embarrassing at some of the more traditional clubs!

Any recommendations of brands with longer fits?

Thanks

Stuart

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Stromberg one which is very long. I feel like every brand may have ones of various lengths though, you may have to just look at some in a shop.

Having said that, have a look on County-Golf.co.uk because all of their clothes have the measurements shown. Example here: https://www.county-golf.co.uk/golf-...r-kinloch-cotton-pique-polo-e436/colour/coral - it says this one in medium is 29.5 inches long. So if you have a look through you may find some that are longer.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Assuming yours don't already, it's also worth looking at shorts that have the little rubberised waistband, I find these work quite well. All my under armour trousers and shorts have this.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest rather than buying more polos my recommended solution would be just play it with it untucked so you're not restricted in any way, then tuck it back in as you're walking up to the 18th green so nobody moans when you head back to the clubhouse. ??‍♂️

RichA

Visit site
If you aren't fussy about wearing a golf brand, the Next jersey cotton polos cost £12, are unbadged, really lightweight, stretch well and have smart pointed collars rather than the rounded type.
I've been wearing them for a while because I'm tall and like my shirt to stay tucked in.

StuartH90

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback so far. The guilty shirt was a Glenmuir so will use that length as a starting point.

(Maybe need to drop some weight too so the top to bottom distance isn't used up inefficiently ;))

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is it the length of the shirt or the width of the wearer that's riding the shirt up? Easy answer if the latter is the problem.

Boomy

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback so far. The guilty shirt was a Glenmuir so will use that length as a starting point.

(Maybe need to drop some weight too so the top to bottom distance isn't used up inefficiently ;))

Alternatively the likes of the adidas golf trousers have a rubbery bit around the waist to stop polo shirts untucking.

Island Green are generally longer than average, but I find Lyle & Scott the best for ‘stay tucked in ability’ (the adidas trousers are also very good)

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
You're thinking about this the wrong way. You should wear a crop top then you won't have to worry about it coming untucked.

144837566_208591017617267_1145567202148525243_n.jpg

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
If It’s a proper golf polo I’d suggest it isn’t the problem. I had the same issue with cheaper ones. Also get some Adidas trousers as the gripper inside the waist will keep your shirt tucked in.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most of my kit is older.

Checking through some of my stuff toady in prep for the warmer weather

Notably longer
Umbro, Ashworth and Glenmuir

Good length Lee Cooper