Where would you play your last round and why?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Apologies if this sounds a bit morbid but always interested and will use it online... if you can explain why it's so special that would be great, thanks

With the Tartan Tour going there this week I was reminded of Royal Dornoch which is precisely where I would love to play my final game.
Some of my favourite holes on the planet and one of those places where you could play like a drain and still love every second

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gleneagles Kings. Every hole is interesting, every hole a challenge. Add in the scenery, beautiful, and the quality upkeep of the course, it is simply a fabulous place to play.

D

Deleted member 15344

Swinley Forest must be up there but I would prob go for Royal County Down - the course is spectacular, the views are breathtaking

Sam_R

Visit site
Little Hay Golf Complex. It's where I learned to play so a round there with my friends from home and a sausage sandwich in the bar after would be perfect to finish on. I haven't played there in years as well so shooting a good score there would bring some satisfaction (as would not having to wait 30mins for a lift home!!)

gopher99

Visit site
Gleneagles Kings. Every hole is interesting, every hole a challenge. Add in the scenery, beautiful, and the quality upkeep of the course, it is simply a fabulous place to play.

High praise, we are playing there at the end of June this year Covid permitting. I am looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 21258

Cleeve Hill, so much fun had, forgiving, enjoyable and great views.

A round, views and walk to savour as your last and wont beat you up if your having a bad golfing day.

D

Deleted member 3432

Traigh.

An summers evening round with the sun setting over the Hebridean Islands.

Finish the round and walk onto the beach as the sun sets.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Banff Springs; a more spectacularly beautiful course you will never find

fairmont-banff-springs-golf-course-L-8.jpg

images

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Old Course St Andrews. Nice summer day with a gentle breeze. Most importantly I must be playing with three mates. Hopefully play well, but if not wouldn’t care.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site

I had the Queens there in my top 3, mainly based on a memory of Pro Celebrity Golf in the late 70s

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If somebody would help me climb the first three holes, Pitlochry.
Some wonderful memories of great days with great mates there.
Wonderful scenery, and a warm welcome.
Followed by high tea.
Cushty.
And goodnight.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Apologies if this sounds a bit morbid but always interested and will use it online... if you can explain why it's so special that would be great, thanks

With the Tartan Tour going there this week I was reminded of Royal Dornoch which is precisely where I would love to play my final game.
Some of my favourite holes on the planet and one of those places where you could play like a drain and still love every second

Must try and get back to Royal Dornoch as I was underwhelmed when I played there, the first was a very average hole and I struggle to remember any really standout holes.

They views are good but nowhere near as spectacular as my home course.

As for a last round I would go for Darenth Valley in Kent just for the fact we had a family and friends society there for 14 years and had many good memories.