Where would you play your last round of golf?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
This isn’t meant to be too maudlin, more to celebrate a course that’s special in your eyes/golfing soul.
I revisited where I grew up playing (Wimbledon Park) before Christmas and was trying to place it in terms of one last hurrah. If I knew I had one more to it would probably be Dornoch though, now, the thought of signing off at the Old Course might be too much to ignore…

And who would you want to play with?

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Cleveland GC, near Middlesbrough. As to the who; I could probably list at least 30-40 members whose company I’d enjoy.

The course has, in my opinion, always been one out of the top drawer. The changes in the last 10 years have certainly taken it up a few notches.

And then there’s the clubhouse/membership. The clubhouse might not please the eye of some but, equally, it’s more than functional. Bar/lounge is up on the first floor with a cracking view out on to the rolling links. Maybe the blast furnace(defunct) isn’t the best view but it doesn’t detract from the quality of the course. And the welcome…wow, what a fantastic bunch of people!

Mike79

Visit site
My earliest golf memories were at Blair Atholl with my dad, back when I was about 8 or 9 years old. We used to go on caravan holidays there every year. Its a small course, nothing special at all, but for the memories of learning to play with my dad teaching me, I'd be picking that course with my dad over any course I've played since

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would have to be The Old Course with some friends. And as we’re getting the luxury to choose it would be an early morning tee on a fine day in August or September, a steak & gravy pie from the halfway hut and a birdie on 18 to sign off with a small ripple of applause from the gallery.

That’ll do.

i*windows

Visit site
Augusta, Royal St. George's or Prestwick with the guys. Followed by several pints of Timmy Taylors and steak and ale pie.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If it's going to be my last, I'll be jumping the fence and playing the back 9 at Augusta National.