Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
G

guest100718

Really, I always thought if someone was standing with their back to me, I was behind them? Looking down the line would be behind the ball.

Yep and when people say they dont like others standing behind them I take it to mean behind the ball looking down the line.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any idea what the health and safety executive advises?

I just stand at a point I naturally arrive at, I've never given it any thought, if an FC asks me to take a step back or to the side I will as I'd expect them to do if I asked!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yep and when people say they dont like others standing behind them I take it to mean behind the ball looking down the line.

With reference to the OP, behind is behind, as in with the players back to you, in front is in front, as in facing you. One of us is confused, I don't think it is me on this occasion.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I don't care where people stand as long as their still and quiet and not figitating around, if someone wants me to stand in a particular place, not a problem, just ask me nicely.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
A member at my club told me about playing a match against a real stickler from his other club. This other chap was very particular about where my mate stood, and after being asked to move several times (each time from a different postion relative to Stickler), he asked, "where do you consider the RIGHT place for me to stand is?"
The answer was "when I'm putting, I expect you to stand OFF the putting green as far as way from me as possible" !!!!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
OMG

over 2000 views and over 105 replies in 4 hours for a totally NON ISSUE...:rofl:

unbelievable!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh hells teeth what is wrong with some folks on this forum?

Believe me (or ask Doon) - there is an accepted convention for where you should stand when a PP is teeing off. I am not making this up. What is difficult about understanding that convention and accepting it.

And for those who don't care about where others stand, great - you have no problems, But for those who stand wherever they like or think OK unless asked - surely it is easier just to make sure you do the accepted right thing. At least then you'll know unless asked that your PP is fine with where you are standing - and as, if not more, important - you pass on this message to youngsters and newbies.

This is simply to do with respect for your fellow player and making sure that as far as possible they are not distracted by you when they are teeing off. It is all about what your PP is happy with, not what you think he'll be happy with.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Believe me (or ask Doon) - there is an accepted convention for where you should stand when a PP is teeing off. I am not making this up. What is difficult about understanding that convention and accepting it.

And for those who don't care about where others stand, great - you have no problems, But for those who stand wherever they like or think OK unless asked - surely it is easier just to make sure you do the accepted right thing. At least then you'll know unless asked that your PP is fine with where you are standing - and as, if not more, important - you pass on this message to youngsters and newbies.

This is simply to do with respect for your fellow player.

Where should you stand when having a pp, should it be up wind so the opposition catch some spray :whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

This is simply to do with respect for your fellow player and making sure that as far as possible they are not distracted by you when they are teeing off. It is all about what your PP is happy with, not what you think he'll be happy with.

Where is this "accepted convention" for where we should stand ?

Can you tell me where I can read it to ensure that I'm standing in the right place

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the only safe way to resolve this is if we all play on our own...

For the love of all things holy.. Sometimes I really wonder about the future of this sport when this topic gets this much attention...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can someone quote the "accepted convention" please coz I can't be botherred trawling back through this lot to try and find it....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think the only safe way to resolve this is if we all play on our own...

For the love of all things holy.. Sometimes I really wonder about the future of this sport when this topic gets this much attention...

Its PC gone mad, I bet he has it in his H&S review :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

Can someone quote the "accepted convention" please coz I can't be botherred trawling back through this lot to try and find it....

Had a quick search and can't actually see where he has stated where the actual position is ?