Where do you play

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There's a lot to be said about being a nomad, but on the other hand a lot for being at a private member's club.

Played as a member's guest yesterday (Sunday) and at 10.45 we couldn't see any other players. Apparently, Saturday mornings are rather busy though.

20240421_104357.jpg

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
After 17 years at Westerham GC, I'm not renewing my membership. Place is heaving with visitors, and now being put in between medal and stableford comps. Its becoming a pay and play. A very good one at that, but not giving me value for money.
As per Pants' comment above, I've decided a private members' club is the way forwards, so the application is in and awaiting an interview date.
Fingers crossed!

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After 17 years at Westerham GC, I'm not renewing my membership. Place is heaving with visitors, and now being put in between medal and stableford comps. Its becoming a pay and play. A very good one at that, but not giving me value for money.
As per Pants' comment above, I've decided a private members' club is the way forwards, so the application is in and awaiting an interview date.
Fingers crossed!
Just as a matter of interest, where are you looking to go?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fingers crossed!
Tandridge 😁

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
It's a tough call. Since I giving up work, I'm questioning the 30 minute drive to Newport, versus a 10 minute drive to St Pierre. Especially as I'm nipping up and down more often.

But can I put up with moving from a private club to a hotel course. Much busier and an hour longer round times etc ... that's why I didn't go there in the first place.

The country membership at Saunton has been excellent during a wet winter. But I'm not sure about the best way of sorting the day to day.

Par345

Visit site
It's a tough call. Since I giving up work, I'm questioning the 30 minute drive to Newport, versus a 10 minute drive to St Pierre. Especially as I'm nipping up and down more often.

But can I put up with moving from a private club to a hotel course. Much busier and an hour longer round times etc ... that's why I didn't go there in the first place.

The country membership at Saunton has been excellent during a wet winter. But I'm not sure about the best way of sorting the day to day.
Stick with it, its been the Winter from hell....it has to get better soon !