• At another golf club/course

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other range/independent

Votes: 32 40.0%

• Total voters

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just had my first lesson with Sarah MaClennan at East Sussex national - she was excellent. We filmed my swing, went on the range, showed me where I was going wrong, explained it technically and the chain reactions it was causing then left me with a couple of simple practises. very clear and one of the best lessons I have had. Feel very confident in being able to correct my errors and that she will help me improve. cant wait to go back!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I with Phil on this Ben.

I wouldn't need a pro to tell me I am closed at address the reason being I know what closed looks like due to You-tube and magazines the same as its very easy to take an open stance.

I have learnt this game 99% by trial and error just by reading or watching and then going out and learning and that's something I enjoy.

I'm not knocking lessons though each to their own.

I suppose if I really wanted to get down to 4 I would need additional help but my aim is 5 without a pro.

As mentioned above I was like you and Phil but just got frustrated at my lack of progress. Oli has given me an easy to understand , has to be for me :D swing thoughts that you're unlikely to see published in a mag which are, once you reach the top throw your arms down and hit that tee peg to 10 past 2 . Worked like a dream yesterday shooting 74 round Enville Lodge hitting some stonking drives and irons.:)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
As mentioned above I was like you and Phil but just got frustrated at my lack of progress. Oli has given me an easy to understand , has to be for me :D swing thoughts that you're unlikely to see published in a mag which are, once you reach the top throw your arms down and hit that tee peg to 10 past 2 . Worked like a dream yesterday shooting 74 round Enville Lodge hitting some stonking drives and irons.:)

Sounds good then can we see a 4 handicap or even lower?

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few different places depending on what the lesson us to achieve. I had a chipping lesson recently indoors on a GC2, a playing lesson on my course and an MOT type check over at my range
What was the idea behind a short game lesson indoors Chris?

Doesnt the mat massage the strike a bit, ironing out the fat and drop kick a bit? Also, how do you know what the spin reacts like? I see that you'd get 4000rpm or 5000rpm on the stats but how do you get a feel for what that actually does with check and roll out on a real green?

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have had lessons with 2 pros at my club. I went with a new pro as the previous guy had moved to a club the other side of Leeds. I also wanted to see if there was any difference in teaching. The latest guy had me hitting it pretty well straight away after I had developed a little bit of a hook. Generally before hand it took quite a while before the new swing thoughts yielded any improvement. He managed to get through his idea more clearly. I will probably stick with the new pro exclusively. I don't want to much input confusing me.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At another club for me. When I started taking lessons the club I was a member of didn't have a pro so I went else where. I decided to stick with this pro when I moved clubs. The club I'm a member of doesn't have a pro but is affiliated with one as they do lessons with the juniors.

I like the pro I'm with at the moment so no need to change. The only issue I have is that he is an hour away but I don't tend to have a lot of lessons throughout the year. So I'm happy to travel the distance as its only 3/4 times a year most. I did consider changing pros but I have had good success with the changes made over the years.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have lessons with Emma Prentice, assistant pro at my home club. Her teaching style suits my learning style very well, good mix of practical and theory, and she's always happy to do a quick check in passing.

Good outdoor range, both mats and grass, short game area with green cut the same as the greens on the course.

About to open a new pro-shop with teaching studio, equipped with full GC2 'shot-centre' simulator, so got all the bases covered.

No need to go anywhere else at the moment.

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Local range for me. A very short drive to get there and I can have lessons at times that fit in with work and family commitments.

When I started I had lessons with our previous club pro who moved elsewhere about 3 yrs ago. Continued for a while at his new club but was then advised to get a second opinion by a pp one day. As I had taken a range membership out to benefit from cheaper balls I had vouchers for a free introductory session and video swing analysis. Used these to get my second opinion and was horrified at what I saw!

Signed up for my first voucher the same evening and haven't looked back :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have always used the local ranges as I've never really clicked with the way my club pro teaches. He's very good and I can do what he wants in the lesson but for some reason, the information never seems to stick in the same way as it has with other pros. Maybe it's because I know him socially and so there isn't the same pupil/teacher dynamic. Not sure but I do feel a slight degree of guilt of not supporting my club pro

Chico84

Visit site
At the range. Started out on the free group lessons and got hooked and I now try to see one of the pros for a one on one lesson every few weeks if I can.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My own club. My daughter is going out with our head pro so I'm looking for some freebies :)

Seriously though - my own club has top teaching facilities and a state-of-the-art swing studio; and it is only 5mins drive from my front door.