Where do you buy your golf clubs from?

evemccc

Visit site
Thanks for all the comments so far.

Are pro-shops by and large the same prices (if part of a buying group i'd imagine they are) as each other?
In this age where most things are online in terms of prices for things, I can't see any fitter or pro shop listing their prices online..

Is there a reason why?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
ebay, Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree, nowhere else sells the sort of junk I buy.

As for Pros doing club work such as regripping, reshafting, loft/lie adjustments etc. It's becoming a forgotten service from my experience. Are these things even a part of the training for Pros these days?
The last time I asked for a club to be reshafted they sent the club away to be done, and regripping charges are horrendous.
When did you last see a loft/lie adjuster in a Pro shop?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I've bought the last 2 sets of clubs from the pro at the club. Once we narrowed it down, he let's me borrow the club on the range or on the course, and when I pay for it, he will price match genuine prices on the Internet. I have no complaints at all

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
If you are buying top of the range clubs, there isn't much movement in prices. If say you wanted Callaway's latest driver and it's £449, you will be hard pushed to find it anywhere less. Once brought a brand new latest out driver from a golf shop and the pro said he would make more out of the deal if I had come in a brought a dozen golf balls

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most of my stuff is second hand or from heavily reduced stock on Ebay. I used to be a lot from an American Golf outlet that was full of trade-in second hand stock - but they closed that branch a few years ago, I was gutted.

My irons and my 50° all came from that AG outlet.
My hybrids were second hand from private sellers on Ebay I think.
My two F9 woods and my 56° were all bought new but at heavily reduced old stock clearance prices from affordablegolfclearance on Ebay.
My 46° was from Golfbidder I believe. I've bought other clubs from Golfbidder as well which have been sold on since.
My 60° Sure Out was a little complicated, I had bought a rangefinder from Ebay, it broke within warranty after 11 months so rather than a refund they gave me store credit (HotGolfUK) and I got the wedge instead.
My putter I did a fitting for so that was bought brand new from EM Golf Studio (which I think has closed down now).
For my driver I was given a load of vouchers for Complete Golfer (a local golf shop) by my club as competition prizes, so I put them towards a new driver and did a fitting etc.

So yeah the majority is Ebay. I also sell my old clubs on there.

Edit: For golf balls, gloves etc I tend to order from Clubhouse Golf as their delivery is usually pretty quick and their prices are decent.

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've bought the last 2 sets of clubs from the pro at the club. Once we narrowed it down, he let's me borrow the club on the range or on the course, and when I pay for it, he will price match genuine prices on the Internet. I have no complaints at all

When pros offer that level of service I’d support them happily, the problem comes with end of line deals.

Current club is an odyssey dealer, I know they have stroke labs in, but I know they won’t match an online price that I have found for someone clearing old lines

Last edited:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Buy everything from my pro. I feel a sense of loyalty, plus they will price match (within reason.) They have got a wide selection of brands so i have a lot of choice. However, I do like vice golf stuff which my pro can't get and my bettinardi putter was brought from bettinardi.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bar a couple of clubs in my extensive collectrion, it's all from a pro. I despise the "buy it as cheap as I can" mentality, plus I don't trust ebay.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me it depends on what I am buying.

I buy a lot of end of line ,nearly new and secondhand so it's ebay eg last years model of a driver.
Last set of custom fit irons were via the pro.
Some wedges I get from the pro others online , very price dependent and how much credit I have.
I have bought ProV1s from the pro with 4 for 3 offers and Callaway Truvis to use up credit when they were on offer selling surplus to my needs on ebay.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Over the years I've used eBay, Golfbidder and GC4C. I have found in recent times that the latter two, while undoubtedly providing quality used gear, seem to also want a premium price, certainly more expensive now than when I started this lark.

Where I buy my gear from now depends on what I’m looking for. I don't mind good used clubs but generally prefer new for anything else, particularly electronics.

My current bag is all from eBay as is the Srixon stand bag they are in. I have bought and sold hundreds of items over the years and with an adequate amount of experience and a lot of research, feel quite confident about not getting stung. Not 100% but close.

My Pro is also a part of the Snainton franchise and as they have/had a price match promise I'll happily make them my first port of call before moving on to the likes of Clubhouse Golf. My last purchase from Snainton was a Garmin Z80 rangefinder however LD3 boredom has set in and when I leave this site I'm off to look for its replacement.

AliMc

Visit site
Bought both new driver and irons from my own club Pro, they will match the best online price and negotiate a decent trade in value, good to support my own pro and always get a discount on balls, gloves etc

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Of my current set, my driver, irons and one of my wedges were bought from my Pro. The irons fitting was actually done at Callaway in St. Andrews.
I've also bought some clothing and shoes from him as I do try to support him.
At my fitting I was found to have a 2° flat lie which does tend to limit what you can buy online.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve always found the pro shop to have limited choice and a higher price. My current irons are from clubhouse golf, driver from AG, wedges from a pga pro (apparently) on eBay. Putter, god knows, I’ve had it for years. In the past I’ve bought from golfbidder, always found them to be decent.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My pro is in a buying group with foremost golf, he is pretty good at sourcing stuff and can match most online prices. He's a mate as I work at the club and would much prefer to give him a turn, I changed my driver a month or so ago and he sorted me out. Have no problems though buying elsewhere if need be if there is something he can't get it if he can't match the price.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Go see my mate Alex at Orka, first port of call for me. 3 Wood, Irons and wedges from him, he took my old driver head and rebuilt it with a new shaft for me too. Putter and hybrid are a bit older :)

Diamond

Visit site
Clubhouse golf, jam golf for all new clubs. Also 2 x 2nd hand Mack Daddy Wedges off eBay from different people. The first needed the grip to be put back on but the 2nd has been fine.