When do new clubs come out ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Like Fundy asked, how do you know either is right for you?
Are you going to get CF’d?
Or just go and buy them “off the peg”?
What shaft is right for you, and does that suit the Ping heads you’re contemplating?
There’s far more to it than buying the new model or the current one!

D

Deleted member 1147

And im guessing your the green eyed monster? Might be wrong but i don't think so. Most forums has a certain type of person, i call them the forum w****rs. They dont have much going on in there life so wait for new memebers on forums who talk/buy about stuff and can't wait to put some negativity out there. You have a good day my friend and try and stay positive ??
Not jealous my friend, I just bought myself some new irons. Mizuno mp20’s. Very nice.
I took a long time to choose them, after trying all the different manufacturers clubs, with a variety of shafts, and testing them against each other.

New isn’t always better.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not jealous my friend, I just bought myself some new irons. Mizuno mp20’s. Very nice.
I took a long time to choose them, after trying all the different manufacturers clubs, with a variety of shafts, and testing them against each other.

New isn’t always better.

Well I'm a bit jealous of that! ;)

Realistically new clubs are not going to make any significant difference to your game yet, your swing will almost certainly change dramatically over the next few months. You will likely be swinging much quicker by then making any custom fit at this point pretty meaningless, you could even end up with clubs/shafts that are unsuitable. But I guess if money is no object then you can always go through the process again and off-load the ones bought in error.

D

Deleted member 1147

Well I'm a bit jealous of that! ;)

Realistically new clubs are not going to make any significant difference to your game yet, your swing will almost certainly change dramatically over the next few months. You will likely be swinging much quicker by then making any custom fit at this point pretty meaningless, you could even end up with clubs/shafts that are unsuitable. But I guess if money is no object then you can always go through the process again and off-load the ones bought in error.

Beginners could use any clubs and not notice too much difference (save for blades), as was pointed out to Mr Ping in his earlier posts. Better to get his game to a point at which he has real consistency out on the course, and buy something that suits his game then.
Otherwise, he may as well just believe that new Pings will always be the answer and buy whatever is currently available.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Nothing wrong with Ping clubs, still with such a wide choice and variety I would be fitted and see what works best.

I was fitted and for whatever reason the Benross worked best for me, i really like them. A couple of times I have tried other clubs but the Bens work well.

My son got fitted for a full set of Cobra F9's and I have played around with them a few times, I hate the Driver, love the fairways and don't mind the irons but I wouldn't buy them for me.

Personally until you try a range of clubs you will never know what you do and don't like and what works the best for you.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Up to the OP really. The clocks change soon though and the amount of golf people get to play drops significantly, unless you are retired. Will you really be playing a lot of golf between now and February?

If the thought of a new model appealing more than the 410's is going to eat you up then hang fire. The fact you are thinking about it suggests it might. If the temptation of new shinies now is just too great .....................at least with pings you will get a decent sell on price ?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally I'd hold off for the 425's. I'm hearing good things about both irons and driver. Probably gonna be locked down for winter anyway ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Its a gamble. I see it as if you've got the dosh to buy the G410's now buy them and enjoy them. The new ones might not suit, be any better or they might be a massive improvement. You won't know till you try.

Worst case you'll buy the newer range and lose some money either selling the 410's on or part exing them.

Its only money.