When do new clubs come out ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To be fair i doubt there will be a significant enough difference between the 410 and 425 irons that would make you need to move from one to the other unless you'd worn the 410s out
Ping don't release something if it's not better than the range its replacing
That improvement will probably only be minor...measurable but minor
You pays your money and takes your choice when you want to..

D

Deleted member 1740

And im guessing your the green eyed monster? Might be wrong but i don't think so. Most forums has a certain type of person, i call them the forum w****rs. They dont have much going on in there life so wait for new memebers on forums who talk/buy about stuff and can't wait to put some negativity out there. You have a good day my friend and try and stay positive ??

You're a very good judge of character ??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am a big fan of Ping but that wouldn't stop me looking at other brands as and when they came out and trying them to see if they added anything to my game, preferably in a controlled environment on a monitor. I think putting all your eggs in the Ping basket is restrictive and if the OP was looking at a fitting. I have been fitted and bought off the shelf. Does fitting make a difference. Arguably but to a large degree it depends on the individual and what he's looking for. I have a decent fitting centre near me at Silvermere where I can try a number of brands together.

Diamond

Visit site
If you have just started golf and you are consistently hitting rounds in the 90s then you are doing really well.
It sounds like your business is successful so why not splash out on the latest Ping set. I am told they hold their price well so you can always sell them on when the latest models are released.
Not sure if you have had lessons but if you haven’t it’s well worth spending money on a very good coach over the winter. Good luck.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting the itch to buy and get fitted for a new set of clubs. Pro told me a few weeks ago to hold off on the g410 set until February as the new ones will be out and the g410 will go down in value. Is February when new clubs get announced or is that when there available to buy ? I want a new set soon but thinking ill be annoyed if ping come out with a new set i like more soon. So not sure if I should wait or just grab the g410s now.

Usually in the autumn, sometimes in the US first. The demo clubs sometimes come out a bit earlier so fitting places can start to order custom sets.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm about to get custom fitted for my first irons set for 15 years. Just out of interest, what negative beliefs do you have with custom fitting?

As my good friends on here have pointed out, I can play rubbish golf, at speed, with any old garbage. I learned with a half set of blades, no idea of what shaft, loft, lie, etc. Steel shafted woods, persimmon, etc.
I have had full custom fitted sets, off the rack, random buys, etc. Presently have 3 sets of irons, with very different shafts, lie angles, what ever, combined with off the rack random drivers.
None of it has made one jot of difference to me. I still play off the same mid handicap. Always have done. Occasional forays down to single digits when the stars align. Custom fit is not for me. It's smoke and mirrors.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, there is stuff out there it's impossible to play with, like triple x shafts, or insanely heavy stuff.
But one of the reasons when being fit they keep changing the shaft is, if you hit one enough times, you would just make it work. Humans are good at this.
When standing in front of a charging woolly mamoth, I don't think our ancestors worried about the shaft stiffness in their spear.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As my good friends on here have pointed out, I can play rubbish golf, at speed, with any old garbage. I learned with a half set of blades, no idea of what shaft, loft, lie, etc. Steel shafted woods, persimmon, etc.
I have had full custom fitted sets, off the rack, random buys, etc. Presently have 3 sets of irons, with very different shafts, lie angles, what ever, combined with off the rack random drivers.
None of it has made one jot of difference to me. I still play off the same mid handicap. Always have done. Occasional forays down to single digits when the stars align. Custom fit is not for me. It's smoke and mirrors.

All of us of a certain age learned with a half set of mongrel clubs. My first 5 iron had a punched face.

But to say fitting makes no difference is simply wrong unless you are irremediably terrible and beyond help. It may make more difference for some players than others, but there are bound to be club heads or shafts that don't suit you because they are too blades or light or heavy.