When did you last play?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Managed 9 yesterday, ours is a hilly and difficult front nine that drains. Back nine on a flood plain and has been shut (barring 5 days) since mid November. Played brilliant. My initial thoughts about winter mats was negative. Not anymore. We should have them all year. Perfect lies every time (I use a piece of artificial grass). And as for winter greens. I'm loving them. Dead slow, virtually no movement. Boof...in the putts go! and not to mention I'm somehow judging the pitch on to pro levels. And they plug in.!!!!!!!!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Thursday. And Friday. And today.

and playing tomorrow…

quite handy playing on a sand based course that is bone dry all year round

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed 9 yesterday, ours is a hilly and difficult front nine that drains. Back nine on a flood plain and has been shut (barring 5 days) since mid November. Played brilliant. My initial thoughts about winter mats was negative. Not anymore. We should have them all year. Perfect lies every time (I use a piece of artificial grass). And as for winter greens. I'm loving them. Dead slow, virtually no movement. Boof...in the putts go! and not to mention I'm somehow judging the pitch on to pro levels. And they plug in.!!!!!!!!
Playing 9 today as 18 takes some 4 to 5hrs without being held up as ball searching, cleaning & mat use just takes time. Many, many more at our place are discovering the benefits of SPURK MATS (there is no other worth considering) so the course is suffering rather less chopping. We just need to move to having 9 or 13 hole Comps that will take just 2 to 3hrs & jobs a good one.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
September. Time, weather and injury has not been on my side for golf this year.

I’ve no inclination to play again until Fife dries out. It’s just unbelievably wet and even the links is sodden and too wet for me to be bothered.

Been in to the clubhouse a few times for food and drink which is always good. So I’ve enjoyed that without the misery of playing golf beforehand.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Out of about 30 in the fuddle. 3 or 4 turned up on Thursday due to the rain. Some lads are away but they were dropping like flies. Been like that for 2 months now.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday in cold northely wind I enjoyed getting out for a game after all the excess over Xmas.

Only downside was I lost the winter competition by 2 points.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just in from a NYE round

A wee shower but otherwise it was fine and pretty warm

After last week's PB I didn't score today and was hitting the ball with a new found freedom resulting in some really nice drives

Putting was poor but it usually is when I don't score a round

Can't get a tee for tomorrow since it's full but booked for Tuesday.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah it actually looks a good day. This is a postponed game for us and we had to book 3 weeks in advance to get a morning time. Last time it was closed due to snow and there a remote risk for tomorrow but think we’ll call on the way up.
We walked the dog in Amble today. Glorious winters morning, no reason for it to be any different further up the coast at the course. You've probably had the best day for golf in the last 3 months, links course dependent 👍

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
We walked the dog in Amble today. Glorious winters morning, no reason for it to be any different further up the coast at the course. You've probably had the best day for golf in the last 3 months, links course dependent 👍
It was very wet at Dunstanburgh today. Given how dry it normally is, it makes you appreciate why lots of courses have been constantly closed up here.

Jason.H

Visit site
November 26th for me. The course has opened for the odd day but I’m not desperate to play in the poor conditions.
I’ve took up running and doing parkrun every Saturday 9am. So focusing on training and getting better at running has totally took my mind off “not being able to play golf”. It’s been great to get in shape and meet lots of new people 👍