What's your go to golfing sun cream - is it a non-stain variety?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The solid sticks like jumbo lip balm - appliable on course without getting cream or spray on the hands.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
This stuff, bloomin great

sun.png

Non greasy, spray-on & clear, plus it easily lasts for the whole round without topping up I use factor 30 or even 50 in the summer

edit, if the pro-shop is out of techniblock then this is the back up one i use

sun2.png

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

Non greasy, spray-on & clear, plus it easily lasts for the whole round with topping up I use factor 30 or even 50 in the summer

If you're topping up, surely it's not lasted the whole round?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Children’s factor 50 before I play. Most of them will be sufficient to last the whole round in the UK.

I do have a can of Tesco dry spray factor 50 in the bag if needed. It’s not greasy and absorbs very quickly.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

sun.png

Use this stuff too, shame it's so expensive to buy really! I dabble with sun sleeves too, to save greasy arms

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I know it's illogical to us brits, but you'll see a lot of golfers from hotter regions wearing long sleeve undershirts when playing in warm weather (Sergio does it all the time). Supposed to actually keep you cooler as you're stopping the hot sun getting on your skin, and of course this also protects you from sunburn.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I know it's illogical to us brits, but you'll see a lot of golfers from hotter regions wearing long sleeve undershirts when playing in warm weather (Sergio does it all the time). Supposed to actually keep you cooler as you're stopping the hot sun getting on your skin, and of course this also protects you from sunburn.
Under Armour heat gear is great for wearing when it’s hot and sunny.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to think lots of people were doing this until I found out that UV sleeves exist, now you never know really. I'm no good in the heat so more layers just isn't the one for me. I'm a shorts and short-sleeve shirt guy as soon as it hits about 16° and up.

Jason.H

Visit site
I have Salbari long sleeve polos for golf. SPF 50 protection and feels cool. Other golfers think I’m mad wearing long sleeves in summer but I’m feeling cool. It’s an Australian brand for hot sunny golf

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have Salbari long sleeve polos for golf. SPF 50 protection and feels cool. Other golfers think I’m mad wearing long sleeves in summer but I’m feeling cool. It’s an Australian brand for hot sunny golf

These are the ones I just bought. Used them a few days ago, and they do keep your arms really cool. The tops of my arms are pretty big though, so even the largest size in the sun sleeve starts to pull down a little, so have to occasionally hoist it back up again.
Also bought their wide brim sun hat

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I tried the sleeves on but didn't fancy wearing them for a round, just felt weird after shortsleeves for years (we sometimes get them handed out in corporate event goodie bags etc so I have a few pairs lying around)

Kennysarmy

Visit site

View attachment 47789

Non greasy, spray-on & clear, plus it easily lasts for the whole round without topping up I use factor 30 or even 50 in the summer

View attachment 47790

First review I read of your first option is that it stains clothes :(

I've ruined too many white shirts with yellow marks to risk this brand, sorry.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’m afraid to say I rarely put any on. Certainly less than a dozen times a year. If I do, it’s the tops of my ears, my nose and my legs. And I always, always, always wear a hat, even in winter.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
First review I read of your first option is that it stains clothes :(

I've ruined too many white shirts with yellow marks to risk this brand, sorry.

No worries, I've been using it for 10 years with no staining on shirts etc (can't say zero stain but nothing beyond what you'd expect when any liquid like is used, i'e it washes out)