Anyone been to Tallin & Helsinki

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Contemplating a trip to foreign places, non golf related,

My carer fancies going to Tallin and maybe combining it with a couple of days in Helsinki

Anyone been? Is there enough to do
Is it best to combine it with a cruise?

Shout me your experiences

TIA

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been to Helsinki, with work. I was given a bit of a tour, not the same as a holiday to be fair. Nice place, I liked it.

The Fins would take a helicopter taxi across to Talinn for a weekend. It was so cheap in comparison. I haven't been but know a few who have. Pretty place with nice back streets etc, based on the pictures I've seen, comments I've had back.

I think combining the two makes sense. They aren't big cities and you might run short if you spent more than a couple of days in either.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I spent new year in Helsinki a few years ago. It was minus 16°C or below the whole time. Went to the zoo and saw some really miserable looking African animals but the penguins and polar bears seemed quite happy. One night I was sat in the roof top sauna at the hotel in my shorts and four stunning blondes walked in and stripped completely naked. Was very difficult knowing where to look.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been to Tallin for a day on a Baltic cruise. Nice old town, similar but smaller to Prague. Not sure if there would be much to see after a couple of days but well worth a visit if you are adding on somewhere else as part of the trip.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been to Tallin twice with the Tartan Army (we always seemed to draw either Estonia or Lithuania). Great place, plenty of bars and nightlife.

Was there for football/beer so couldn't tell you about cultural stuff.

D

Deleted member 35577

Have a look at a couple of Youtubers....Steve Marsh and Planes Trains Everything.

They tend to do budget type trips to those sort of places and give good insights. Not sure if either have covered the two places you are looking at but most likely they have.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Did both Tallin and Helsinki on a Baltic cruise a few years back. Tallin I loved, Helsinki I wondered why I bothered getting off the boat. It did not tick many boxes at all. Re Prices of both places. There’s a reason why folk from Finland/ Helsinki jump on a ferry and fill there cars to the brim with goods from Tallin. It is so much cheaper in Tallin than Helsinki. Me I loved Tallin walking around the castle only, had a day there but would love to have a weekend there. Went with another couple on the cruise, it was my round in Tallin. Cheap as chips, however our next stop was Visby, flippin Lordy Lordy it is expensive, it was my pals turn to buy. We only has one round. Lovely place though.