What's your favourite putter and why?

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rife two bar hybrid it’s been in my bag for ten years or more,I have tried many putters before this and nothing comes close. First time it was in the bag I won a comp with it.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 centre shafted that’s been in the bag since 2016. Only club that survived a full cull when I couldn’t play and the first one I picked back up when I could again.

Lovely weight and consistency to it and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Many have tried to beat it, many have failed (most recently an Edel E2).

Longest/best putt with it was La Manga North course, 2016. 17th green to win the 3 day comp and get that year’s bragging rights. Good 55ish feet across a severe break, started out probably 30ft right of the cup and swept round majestically in to the middle of the cup to take the title. Proud days ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still using my Rife Cayman Brac with tropical finish. It’s an absolutely gorgeous thing to look at, and putts quite well too;)
Its been in play since I bought it, quite a few years ago.

I always wanted one of those exact putters.

Never found one for a decent price though.

They are purdy though

D

Deleted member 1147

I haven't found it yet

I currently use a SpiderX, but am considering buying a SC blade and just accepting that I need to learn to use it, as the mallet hasn't made a huge improvement, except on starting line.
I'm dire when it comes to pace control.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
<<<<<<< I use the 'poor mans' SC Newport (I think that's what it was modeled on anyway)

I haven't had that many putters and fortunately found this Nike 001 Method as my 3rd putter purchase and cant imagine changing it... ever

sunshine

Visit site
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 centre shafted that’s been in the bag since 2016. Only club that survived a full cull when I couldn’t play and the first one I picked back up when I could again.

Lovely weight and consistency to it and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Many have tried to beat it, many have failed (most recently an Edel E2).

Longest/best putt with it was La Manga North course, 2016. 17th green to win the 3 day comp and get that year’s bragging rights. Good 55ish feet across a severe break, started out probably 30ft right of the cup and swept round majestically in to the middle of the cup to take the title. Proud days ?

Lovely memory. Was it all down to the putter, or did you have any influence? Give yourself some credit :ROFLMAO:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I have had a Seemore chuffing huge great mallet thingy for about 3 years now, lovely putter no intention of changing it

Then this morning at Cuddington, walk into Ye Olde Pro Shoppefor a gander and walks off with a Ping Heppler Floki Putter
Worked very well and helped me to 36 points today:cool:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
My current and one that’s been in my bag for over 10 years; Nike Method #3.

Easily the best putter I’ve ever used. By a country mile. I’m still not the greatest putter but since having it in the bag, I’ve been better than I ever was.

Boomy

Visit site
My favourite old putters collection: Scotty Cali circa 2010 I think. Odyssey CS 2 Ball. Wilson TPAXVIII.
EA198834-CEE5-44CC-B362-B362972D2283.jpeg

I’m currently using a Seemore PCB which is a beaut and I feel very comfortable with ??
5E6F3492-89D7-4E24-927A-8E4848DB7BF5.jpeg

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
My favourite old putters collection: Scotty Cali circa 2010 I think. Odyssey CS 2 Ball. Wilson TPAXVIII.
View attachment 38995

I’m currently using a Seemore PCB which is a beaut and I feel very comfortable with ??
View attachment 38996

Really like that Seemore. Had a Si3 for a short time but didn't give it a proper chance, wish I'd hung on to it. Love centre shafted putters.

Boomy

Visit site
Nice old Scotty there.
Noticed your headcover has your Monika on?

Cheers ?? The old Scotty is a beaut, I’ve always liked that style of putter, well since I first used the Wilson TPAXVIII that is.
D496146A-EB86-48BD-AFE9-1A0FAE541F4A.jpeg

Yeah I got some custom leather headcovers made by:

https://www.sunfishsales.com/

Just a bit of fun and it keeps the original headcovers in good condition. I got a few bits from them, putter cover, driver & 3 wood and a yardage book holder - superb quality and pricing good compared to some of the other leather goods companies.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers ?? The old Scotty is a beaut, I’ve always liked that style of putter, well since I first used the Wilson TPAXVIII that is.
View attachment 39003

Yeah I got some custom leather headcovers made by:

https://www.sunfishsales.com/

Just a bit of fun and it keeps the original headcovers in good condition. I got a few bits from them, putter cover, driver & 3 wood and a yardage book holder - superb quality and pricing good compared to some of the other leather goods companies.
Just like mine , I just put the head cover on though for the first time in 10years. It looks brand new. I thought I might as well enjoy it , but that could be the wrong thing to do.