Whats the best prize you have won in golf related comp

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25172

The DryJoys that I won just a while back ago here on the forum.

They gave me blisters so I could barely walk when using them the first time, but now they're really comfortable. :D

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I had a mate who ended up at Gleneagles all expenses paid, including a rather decadent whisky tasting session.

He ended up there by winning a couple of event days of a building supplier, along with 3 other blokes. He spoke with the other winners who were big customers, and they had each spent spent 6 figures in the previous year with the company.

In the previous 6 months, my mate said he had spent £8 on some drill bits :D

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two come to mind.

In 2000, my mate and I won 6 regional knockout rounds and got through to the national final of The Marley Trophy (for the building trade) playing The Brabazon. We, well he mainly, won the day on countback. (Yeh! Yeh! Cue the jokes about cowboys and bandits in the building trade :rolleyes:)

The other was a couple of years ago when I won a new trolley as first prize in our Pro's Day comp. 220 entrants - shotgun start on our 2 courses.
It's been downhill ever since :cry:

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I've been lucky on a few things.

Off here, a set of Adams clubs and a lesson with David Howell.
Followed closely with an M2 driver in a £10 raffle at society day a few weeks after.
Won a pair of FJ Arc SL on Insta last year, think it was a GM competition.

By far and away the best though was the Easter Eggs I won in the Texas Scramble this year!

D

Deleted member 15344

A month after my wives grandad passed away we held a golf Comp for all his family and pub mates who he used to play golf with at his local course

I won it and got a nice little trophy - it’s sit with pride in the trophy cabinet - best prize I have won

Have won clubs , shoes , clothes , 4 ball vouchers etc and even spots in celeb and Travis Perkins Senior Pro Am but nothing beats that little trophy

D

Deleted member 1147

A block of kitchen knives - they are brilliant for doing my Crocodile Dundee impression "that's not a knife, THIS is a knife"

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I enter forum and Twitter etc comps and never bloody win any of them.
Keep doing them though. This thread is proof that someone does win these things. I even won a 4 ball at Close House 2yrs ago at a dull work exhibition where you drop your business card in a jar and one gets pulled out. I always thought they were a load of hoey with nobody winning.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
i have been quite fortunate with winning golf gear ,
a golden goose putter
a taylormade SLDR driver fitted at the belfry
a full set ofYonex irons and hybrid fitted for at silvermere
many many golf balls and tees.
i also won a ping travel bag for the clubs which i donated to a raffle as a prize.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
First time I ever won a comp it was the annual golf day at work and I won a scotty Cameron putter. Was absolutely chuffed to bits.

Of more sentimental value was winning the annual society tour of north wales which I go on every year. I had an incredible back 9 at Conwy on the last day in what can only be described as a hurricane to win it by 1 shot. Will never forget that round and Conwy will always be one of my favourite courses to play because of it. Got my name on the replica claret jug and a green jacket to keep for the year (a tradition that the society does).

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Won the singles knockout a couple of years ago; someone advised me to buy something I'd remember it by with the prize money, hence I now have a Mizuno trolley bag & club head covers for the better weather. I'll bring it out again next year. :mad:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The charity parking space at our club for a year. Won a bunch of trophies but nothing in the level of what's been stated here.

Anyway, apparently this week's medal has the prize of a night out with Kim Wilde ….

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An open BB competition and we won a voucher worth £500 each for a trip to Ireland, including the ferry. We only had 4 months to use it and I couldn't go so I gave mine away.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing in the league of some of the above, but once won the Mayor's Charity Day comp where all the prizes were donated by Young's brewery. Got a rather nice wall clock, which still adorns the dining room wall twenty years later.

Everything else I've won has been of the quality such that SWMBO merely comments "the only place you're displaying that, is in here." whilst holding up the dustbin lid ...