Whats the best prize you have won in golf related comp

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Can either be won by just entering a competition or playing in a golf competition.

Prize doesn't have to be money or possessions or a board comp, can be anything that you 'valued' the most but cant be something you bought(like in a auction)

I once won a set of Wilson fat shafts irons, as there was a monthly credit card draw if you held the credit card (think it may have been a Fore magazine card iirc, as it had a nice golf picture on the card). That's the best prize I have ever won and didn't need to swing a club for it:D

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
The best thing I won by etnering a comp was a greenfee voucher card which gave me reduced green fees on many German golf courses for a year. I did not use it loads, but it did save me about 100 € or so in greenfees during a holiday.

Wolf

Visit site
I'd say my recent trip to Woburn courtesy of GM was a pretty good win as prizes go, brekkie, lunch, use of all facilities and round of golf after was a pretty epic prize.

Other than that there's 2 that stand out for me and one isn't something I could use it was a small trophy really.

The first year I won the junior club championship (aggregate Cup) it was your total score for 9 rounds total, 7 medal rounds April - October plus 2 round from our 36 hole other major junior comp. My winning score was 657, which worked out an average of 73 (4 over par each round). I got presented the award at a packed presentation day in front of my parents and alongside the full men's club champion. For a 15 year old small lad that was better than any prize and probably my happiest golfing memory.

The other thing I won was in an open comp I won a Ping T iSi driver, ugly as sin but that was an amazing club and probably drove the ball the best I ever have with that.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I never seem to be lucky in raffles/prize draws :cry:
Think the most expensive thing (& prob best) I’ve won for playing was a 4-ball green fee saving me a couple hundred or so but with a street value of about £650

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
M1 Driver from the GM TM M-Combination day in 2016. Got fitted for the M1 and M2 Woods and Hybrids, had a lesson with Piers from Me and My Golf, watched Jordan Smith and Guido Migliozzi do a clinic on the range, had a delicious lunch and then headed out for 9 holes on The Grove with Andy from M&MG. Our team ended up winning the comp and we won new M1 Drivers, great day out.

2nd to that would be the US Open TaylorMade Tour Bag I won from a competition I entered on the Me and My Golf Instagram. Also in 2016, that was a good year for comp wins :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I won a Voucher for nearest the pin on the long par 3 at Muir of Ord, was from a local jeweller, gave it too the wife, only the cheapest thing in the shop was £340, so ended up costing me £40:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

so was more like the worst;)

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I won a Facebook competition run by a local travel company.

The prize was a 3 night trip to Portugal for 2 people. Staying at a 5 star resort, flights & club transfer, Car hire, 3 rounds of golf. Was absolutely amazing. Only thing I had to pay for was dinner and lunch and any extra golf I wanted.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
2nd to that would be the US Open TaylorMade Tour Bag I won from a competition I entered on the Me and My Golf Instagram. Also in 2016, that was a good year for comp wins :)

I won the TM Tour Bag from the PGA that year via GM. It was a gorgeous red, beautifully built. Stunning bit of kit, huge though.

This year I won a night away plus 2 rounds of golf in Edinburgh via a simple FB like and share comp. I didn't believe it at first but it checked out and I had a great time.

I feel a bit of a fraud that my wins are not actually related to playing and winning, I have won in a random, non skill based way. Apologies to all good golfers who have won average prizes by using their skills :D

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Won a pair of Footjoy Fury shoes on a competition on this board.

They are unbelievably comfy and basically wear them for all rounds in the dry.

Would never have justified paying the price for a pair of non all weather shoes but absolutely love them and will definitely be keeping an eye on the winter sales for a spare pair.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A GM/Callaway comp to be fitted for the reintroduced Big Bertha in '14. Met up at Wentworth, coffee and stuff in the clubhouse then off to the practice ground to be fitted and well as getting a clinic from Big Joe Miller. Driver and a host of other goodies to take away. We also got filmed for advert indents that were used on SSports golf coverage of the ET that summer either side of the ad breaks.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've not won anything on here but I've won a few things on the old GolfMagic forum before it's sad demise.
  • A day at the English Masters Pro-Am playing with Des Smyth
  • 2 pairs of Adidas Powerband Boa
  • Ping Scottsdale TR Putter
  • Sunderland fleece
  • Golf balls
  • Golf tees
  • DVD of Darren Clark winning The Open

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
An all expenses paid trip to St Andrews to play a competition on the Old Course, hosted by Allianz & BMW. Stayed in the Old Course hotel, chauffeur driven everywhere, all food included, caddy, gift packs, the lot. Came 2nd out of 70 people.

The stuff of dreams.
End of thread in terms of the best prize :D