What's NOT In The Bag

D

Deleted member 21258

I think I really only have one club, that has been in and out of my bag a number of times and now out for good(I think:D the 14th place has been taken with a 3/4 wood)

X14 6 iron, you are the weakest link, goodbye ;)

Just cant hit it with enough consistency to warrant carrying it, as would much rather hit the 7 iron harder or 9 wood softer to get the same 160 yardsish.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Chipper (I actually have one, bought it when I just started out, because I liked that it lined up like a putter, but I soon found out that I can chip much better with my 9iron)
60° wedge (seemed like a good idea at the time ... I think I watched too many YouTube videos of guys hitting flop shots)
The Cobra/Accross sensors ... I really looked forward to using them when I first got them, but got annoyed quickly, because it never really works and just distracts me from playing. So I don't use them anymore. The built in sensors are still in the clubs, of course, but I got rid of the screw in ones for the additional clubs.

Actually, at the moment I have five clubs in my bag (driver, 3 hybrid, 8 iron, GW and putter), a few balls, a few tees and winter gloves. It will stay like that until we can use trolleys again in spring. And I really don't feel like I miss much.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well after my pre Christmas trip to Golfclubs4cash in Edinburgh... much less;)

still have ;
spare set Mizuno MP57 irons
TM M4 3 wood
Mizuno Mp37 2 iron, which I use around Tain and Fortrose if I play any opens

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not much, a TMB 4 iron and Mizuno 5 iron in the for sale section (plug!) and a few spare Vokeys at work (there's a field nearby I can pitch about in whenever the boss isn't growing anything). Other than that I'm pretty disciplined at selling clubs I no longer use.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A couple of old wedges and a few shafts but not much more.
Really just 2 putters - Odyssey ProType 2 ball and Callaway TT3
Generally speaking once it's out of the bag it's gone...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
A couple of old wedges and a few shafts but not much more.
Really just 2 putters - Odyssey ProType 2 ball and Callaway TT3
Generally speaking once it's out of the bag it's gone...

I bet those Xmas golf balls Fragger got aren't in his bag any more!

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
10.5 cleveland 460 ti out in favour of 12 degree sldr

12, 16 degree tm mini driver out in favour of 14 degree

5 wood in in favour of 4 iron (shortened winter course doesnt require 4 iron)

2i, 3i out in favour of 3 hybrid which is ahead of aforementioned 5w

58 and 64 degree wedges out 56 and 60 in

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not in the bag is a driver.

It and me had a falling out, about 18 months ago. I came home, but it is still on holiday in the corner of some foreign field (woods actually) that will be forever England.

Although, Oddsocks did just sell me a secondhand Callaway XR driver, so that might just sneak into the bag this weekend.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
currently gathering a bit of dust is my old Mizuno mp001 driver as it has been usurped by my Titleist 915 , also my 60 degree Donnay lob wedge as i dont really need it when the greens are playing soft.
there is also a couple of putters that are on the naughty step ,but i fear that it isnt the arrow but the indian when it comes to putting for me.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
60° wedge

Conditions all round make it superfluous and I choose to carry both 5i and 5h to give me choices for the various lies I meet in winter course conditions.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently not using anything longer than my 5 iron! Got a G30 driver that I hope finds its place again and really need to fill the gap with a hybrid !

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Put the G25 hybrid back in the bag on a whim today. It WILL NOT be getting another go for a long time. By far and away the weakest club in the bag today. It's getting to the point where I may ditch it completely

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
52*, 56* and 58* wedges - I got some second hand RTX 2.0’s off eBay in different lofts and bounces to see what I seemed to be more able control distance with better. Settled on 50-54&60

An old SLDR 3 hybrid - I have no idea why but as a fader of the ball I hook this thing badly every time. Was planning on playing with different flex shafts but ended up buying a utility iron instead that I’m much more consistent with.

M2 2016 Driver. - I’ve found I’m much more consistent with the 2017 M1 440

M3 hl 3 wood still in the wrapper. Saving it for summer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Put the G25 hybrid back in the bag on a whim today. It WILL NOT be getting another go for a long time. By far and away the weakest club in the bag today. It's getting to the point where I may ditch it completely
I picked up a G25 hybrid recently as part of my never ending quest to find a hybrid I can hit. :LOL: Early days but so far I think it has potential.