What you're talking about prizes - May/June/July

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Usual apologies for this being late

the following qualify for prizes for having their post featured in the 'what you're talking about' bit in the magazine

MAY ISSUE
ACP
TOM21
stuartD
murththemog
TonyN
medwayjon

JUNE ISSUE
quiet_whisky
geejayboy28
StuartD
Basher
pjaz

JULY ISSUE (OUT SOON!)
Parmo
evita4
Page
forefortheday
Echtloom

If you're one of the lucky please email paula_benn@ipcmedia.com and put "What you're talking about prizes - May/June/July" in the subject line and BE SURE to include...
* Your forum username in the message
* Your home postal address so we can send you the stuff

Prizes will be dished out on first come first served basis (there are limited numbers of some of the prizes so put your 1,2,3,4 order of preference in the email to

choose from
Golf Monthly Top25 coaches DVD
1 dozen mixed golf balls
Daly Golf caps
TaylorMade/Golf Monthly shoe bags

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow cool I won something, I never win.

Although i dont even remember my post being in the mag and I think my mrs has chucked it out!

Out of interest, does anyone know what we were talking about?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tony I just checked you were talking about whether or not you can bear to part with your old set of clubs and you said that you chucked yours in the bin lol whilst most others said they had kept hold of most of their old kit.

Mike I was looking at info on the BMW PGA this morning as I am going on Sunday, I take it that you were the Mike Harris playing with Bill Elliot and Soren Hansen in the pro-am? Do you get to do that often?

14th place is pretty good.

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ooh, ooh, ooh I won, I won.

Can't wait to get home to check the magazine now - hadn't picked this up while reading it. Really excited!!!!

What to choose!!!!!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah eagle thanks for that, I remember now.

Don't know why I would have missed it in the mag though, my moment of fame. O well nevermind!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
BMW pro-am

theaglehunter

Bill and I did indeed play in the pro - am - the first one I have played in and very enjoyable it was too. Soren Hansen was a throughly nice chap, and I played reasonably coming in on about 6 holes and getting half decent drive away at the 1st when about 100 people were watching

The thing that really struck me was how hard they can make the course in the space of 10 days - I played it Monday before last and the rough was tough and the greens slick but yesterday was a different ball game. The greens were running at over 11 (if you were above the hole it was petrifying) and the rough was wrist breakingly thick after it had been fertilised

hadnt seen the final result but 14th is respectable

geejayboy28

Club Champion
Visit site
Yippeee!!!!!

Isnt golf brilliant...........Hadn't played golf for years and years..........Joined a club at the start of the year and managed to win a 'golf' prize without even having to put in 3 cards for a handicap

Must get my copy of GM tomorrow