GM forum/reader event @ The Belfry this summer - details here!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Afternoon all

Following on from the thread a few weeks back on where the majority voted for the August 18/19 dates for the Forum/Reader event we have finalised everything with The Belfry and we're opening the booking now!

As promised Forumers get first dibs on this - the offer goes in the magazine in the June issue out on May 1 so beat the rush and secure your place now

Details are below but to enter you will to complete a booking form and return with payment - GM staffer Michael Weston will send you one email him at michael_weston@freelance.ipcmedia.com

Any other queries email me direct michael_harris@ipcmedia.com. Please don't PM as I will be out of the office for 10 days from this Friday so not on the site as much as usual.

Off the top of my head two things to confirm.

1 its NOT a shotgun start on the Wednesday for the Brabazon so if you're coming from further away on the day then we can slot in you in for a later tee time.
2. In a bid to keep the costs as low as possible I have kept all food, drinks and extras off the price (except brekkie if you're staying overnight).
Its then up to the individual on what they want to do in terms of "refueling" especially on Tuesday night! I guess the liquid supper stood at the bar will be a popular option!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PLAY THE BRABAZON AT THE BELFRY IN THE GOLF MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Golf Monthly has teamed up with The Belfry to offer readers the chance to play the world famous Brabazon Course this summer with fellow readers and GM staff in the inaugural “Golf Monthly Challenge”.

The Brabazon Course at The Belfry has witnessed many dramatic scenes over the years as the host course for four Ryder Cups and many Tour events and on August 19 you can take on its unique test in the “Golf Monthly Challenge”. The field for this event is strictly limited to 72 players. Play will be in 4-balls (stableford format) with play commencing at 8.30am. There will be some exciting prizes on offer and the event will feature in the magazine and on the GM website.

Readers have the option of extending their visit and playing the day before on the excellent PGA National Course in a warm up competition for the main event and as part of that package (see top right) overnight accommodation (on a B&B basis) at The Belfry Hotel is included.

Both packages are on offer at a special Golf Monthly reader rate and represent a significant discount on the usual rates. To take advantage of this fantastic offer and play in the inaugural “Golf Monthly Challenge” simply select a package, complete the entry form (right) and post with your payment to the address shown.

Spaces are limited to 72, first come first served, your booking will be confirmed when your form and payment is received!

PACKAGE 1
TUESDAY AUGUST 18, 2009
Arrive at The Belfry. 18 holes on the PGA National Course. (Play in 4-balls, Stableford format, 1st tee @ 1.30pm). Overnight stay (on a B&B basis) at The Belfry Hotel.
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 19, 2009
Golf Monthly Challenge – 18 holes on the Brabazon Course (Play in 4-balls, Stableford format, 1st tee @ 8.30am).
COST £195 PER PERSON

PACKAGE 2
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 19, 2009
Golf Monthly Challenge – 18 holes on the Brabazon Course (Play in 4-balls, Stableford format, 1st tee @ 8.30am).
COST £95 PER PERSON

Please note that the above costs do not include meals (except for breakfast for those on Package 1), drinks or the use of any facilities where a fee applies.

For more information email michael_harris@ipcmedia.com

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Graham
I will double check but I am almost certain the rates cover the room so yes partners can come and indulge in whatever is on offer at the hotel

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Also interested in the room situation as Mrs GB72 is partial to a bit of spa treatment

Same as.......and email sent requesting confirmation of the price Mike.
If it's £195.00 for a double bed & brekkie including the Golf then whoohoo!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am requesting my form and am a definite so long as no handicap restriction (though hope to have it cut a bit lower by August)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ahhhh Dilema, what to do, what to do, I cant commit to any dates because at the moment, I might have a new job by then and wont be able to take holidays. :D

Without downloading booking form, does the balance have to be paid in full or is there a deposit I can pay???

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
That's what I was hoping for. Wife comes so I can play both days.

Just concerned that she'll get bored with all the golf talk in the evening. But as long as there's a number of WAGs there, it shouldn't be too bad.

Time to start ebay-ing stuff to pay for me and more importantly her spa treatments. Oh, and someone to look after the kids for a couple of days.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mrs GB72 is also keen on the trip so if that is possible there will be at least one other WAG there.

I am another one hitting ebay to cover the spa costs.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive sent an e-mail for my form, I am looking forward to it.
Are you taking HID?

I will ask her Bob but not sure if she will, she seems keen on sending me though :eek: :D :D

Im not sure if I could do two rounds over two days so if anyone sees me sleeping in the car in the car park please wake me up at about 7.30 ;)