what would you remake?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And Arthur Hailey could pay more compensation to the guy he stole the story off in the first place ;)

I tried re-watching that last year when it was on one of the film channels. Lasted two episodes and just had to give up. Disturbing and unpleasant throughout.

I guess a series showing the brutality and horror of slavery is going to be somewhat disturbing and unpleasant!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why did they remake The Time Machine with Guy Pearce? It was utter pants compared to the original with Rod Taylor.

Visit site
plenty that shouldn't have been made tbh.

a couple i would like to see though would be The Hunger, missed lots out the book, so maybe that. maybe Excalibur, a visually stunning film with amazing cinematography , the acting was terrible though with a couple of exceptions. Helen Mirren being one though there was less nudity from her than Id hoped for when i went to see it at 14;)

the young Helen mirren, 'age of consent' gets them out in the film, (not fully in this clip) mouth watering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NSPlfi0lVA

Visit site
Forbidden planet classic sci fi from the 50's, with todays special effects it could be dazzling, as long as they made it more 'serious'
compared to the childish 'comedy' bits in it, epic battle between the 'monster of the id' and the space travellers all blasters blazing.
very innovative special effects for its time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYFr3UyVpRA

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Tv series called Chiefs, about a killer who carried on killing through the tenure of various police chiefs. Probably about 25 years old but I remember it being brilliant.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
the long good friday.

Yep... From the days films were done and dusted in two hours tops...
And, no need for ego trip 'directors cut' versions either...

It was the talk of the lovely Helen Mirren that prompted my post...
The man that shared the lift with her for that scene has to one of the worst actors of all time...
Now, whatever became of him...

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep... From the days films were done and dusted in two hours tops...
And, no need for ego trip 'directors cut' versions either...

It was the talk of the lovely Helen Mirren that prompted my post...
The man that shared the lift with her for that scene has to one of the worst actors of all time...
Now, whatever became of him...

i think he ended up as a nurse in casualty.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
The original BBC TV Hitchiker's Guide cost about three and fourpence-ha'penny to produce whereas the Hollywood version cost millions.

Proof if it were ever needed that remakes are pointless and inevitably a third rate copy of the original.

The new Marvin is totally pathetic compared to the original. It's a joke and looks like it should be in some Disney drivel fest. It has to be the biggest bit of miscasting since Danny La Rue was considered for Rocky.

I've never seen the remake but this awful faux pas is enough to ensure that I never will.

image.jpg

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
As long as they use Nigel Kneale's original television scripts I think the Quatermass Experiment (only two of six episodes remain) would be an awesome remake.

But Terry Nation's Blake's 7 really should be remade with just minor script alterations. For example in the first episode it is inferred some of the criminal charges Blake is on trial for "involves children" (and the original script was even more blatant.)

D

Deleted member 1147

I enjoyed the film of Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy, and would like it if they remade Smiley's People (as a film) and made a film of The Honourable Schoolboy, so we could have the full Karla Trilogy as films.

Although they could never really beat the Beeb's versions of TTSS & Smiley's People starring Alec Guinness.