What would you do?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

I think you’re trying to find a problem in something that really isn’t. Those 7 who couldn’t get a game need to be a bit quicker in signing up for competitions.
Can you please explain to me how booking quicker solves the problem? More people than spaces available.

D

Deleted member 23270

Some interesting posts on this thread. Some think the guy should not be allowed to book 2 times and others seem to take the attitude that inconsideration for others is perfectly OK.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Some interesting posts on this thread. Some think the guy should not be allowed to book 2 times and others seem to take the attitude that inconsideration for others is perfectly OK.
How is it inconsiderate? Is there a limit on how many times a day your membership entitles you to play? And tbf I don't see any one supporting your point of view.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you please explain to me how booking quicker solves the problem? More people than spaces available.

if people book quicker, then they don’t have issues getting a tee time.

ultimately, it’s your club that need sort it. As I see it, the bloke has done no wrong and has abided by the rules set out in front of him.

i accept you disagree, so will leave the conversation now.

have a good golfing year ??

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
if people book quicker, then they don’t have issues getting a tee time.

ultimately, it’s your club that need sort it. As I see it, the bloke has done no wrong and has abided by the rules set out in front of him.

i accept you disagree, so will leave the conversation now.

have a good golfing year ??

He's agreed to nothing. At the end of the day from the information given it's quite clearly a club issue/problem. It needs to be taken up with the club and addressed by the club not a bunch of random a on the interweb!

D

Deleted member 23270

I think you’re trying to find a problem in something that really isn’t. Those 7 who couldn’t get a game need to be a bit quicker in signing up for competitions.
How does booking quicker solve the problem when more people want to play than spaces available?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If I was the OP I'd at least ask the club the question. They may be totally unaware of the situation and what this guy is doing. If they are happy for him to double book and then give the second booking to his mates then fine, they've made the decision. However I do think it's unfair and doubt very much that this person would play the comp, and then decide to go out again, especially if the weather looks poor or the course is muddy (more so than now!) meaning others aren't getting a game

D

Deleted member 23270

If I was the OP I'd at least ask the club the question. They may be totally unaware of the situation and what this guy is doing. If they are happy for him to double book and then give the second booking to his mates then fine, they've made the decision. However I do think it's unfair and doubt very much that this person would play the comp, and then decide to go out again, especially if the weather looks poor or the course is muddy (more so than now!) meaning others aren't getting a game
No the point is he DID go out again taking a space that someone on the waiting list could have used.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No the point is he DID go out again taking a space that someone on the waiting list could have used.
Sorry. Misunderstood. To be honest if he's paid his subs then surely he has the right to do so. Surely at this time of year though if the course is fully booked there will always be people unable to get a booked tee time and play.

Fabia999

Visit site
If I were one of the members who didn't get to play then yes, I'd be fuming.

I think the club options are to extend the competition time or nothing, I really do not think the guy who played twice is in any wrong, he followed the rules.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
doesn't sound like the club is well run if it lets members book two times on a comp, esp it its already busy and some are missing out

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
If he managed to get on and book two tees times whilst these poor 7 souls couldn’t get one I’d be asking for a lesson on booking if I were them. I want to play early as I can only do early a Saturday if someone who can play all day but books early should they cancel to allow me to play as they are just being selfish ?

Did the guy know there was 7 waiting or is OP just wanting a wee moan?

D

Deleted member 23270

If he managed to get on and book two tees times whilst these poor 7 souls couldn’t get one I’d be asking for a lesson on booking if I were them. I want to play early as I can only do early a Saturday if someone who can play all day but books early should they cancel to allow me to play as they are just being selfish ?

Did the guy know there was 7 waiting or is OP just wanting a wee moan?
Looking at the order of names in each tee slot, it looks like the guy booked 1 time himself and his mate booked him into the other slot. Whoever books the time is the 1st named person in the booking.

Regarding other questions, this didn't affect me at all as I wasn't intending to play on Saturday I just happened to notice it when I looked at the start sheet. It affected 7 other people though.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Looking at the order of names in each tee slot, it looks like the guy booked 1 time himself and his mate booked him into the other slot. Whoever books the time is the 1st named person in the booking.

Regarding other questions, this didn't affect me at all as I wasn't intending to play on Saturday I just happened to notice it when I looked at the start sheet. It affected 7 other people though.
Oof so he hadn't actually booked another time at all.