What would you do?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

ferenezejohn

Visit site
For some reason best known to the powers that be...at the Zoo you can book 3 times per day....yep...3
People book 3 times in a row so they dont have anyone behind them for half an hour....
Not an issue during the week but it happens at weekends
When challenged they just say that they booked the times for people but they didn't turn up...
And nothing gets done....:LOL:
#dontcareanymore:LOL:
If a game teed off and I was waiting on a game and the tee was empty I'd go ahead and play and those selfish players in front who booked the times could take a hike.
If they made anything of it the committee could and would deal deal with them.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
If a game teed off and I was waiting on a game and the tee was empty I'd go ahead and play and those selfish players in front who booked the times could take a hike.
If they made anything of it the committee could and would deal deal with them.

But surely the committee have allowed 3 spaces to be booked? So how would they deal with it? ?

D

Deleted member 23270

So, a guy signs up to play in a competition.

same guy books to play with two guests after the tee times in said competition.

dont see a problem. If he is playing with two guests, he can’t enter the comp, as who is signing the card? And maybe he just wants a relaxed round in the afternoon with two mates.

if he then doesn’t use the tee time, it’s a different matter...but so far, I see no wrong.
So you think it's OK that he plays twice when their are 7 members who can't get a game?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We Book for comps on the opening day but no bookings for social golf for another three days.
This is fair enough and anyone who dosnt book their comp time then it’s their own fault.
But having two tee times while fee paying members can’t play is just wrong imo.
If they can’t get a tee they will leave and go somewhere they can.
But if the committee don’t know they can’t do anything , so I would make them aware of this for sure.
If I was one of the seven I would be making a few noises.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you think it's OK that he plays twice when their are 7 members who can't get a game?

yes.

if everyone had the same opportunity to book, then they should have been quicker to book.

club I am a member at is ridiculously busy to try and get tee times. I want to play next weekend, but currently can’t. Am I complaining? No.

i just keep checking to see if something frees up.

Springveldt

Visit site
Seems there is an issue with the clubs booking system, it should definitely extended the comp times and probably shouldn’t let you book 2 times on a comp day.

Even although he’s within his rights to book 2 times it’s a bit of a dick move when you have members on a waiting list to get a game. Why should guests be given priority over members who want to play in the comp?

D

Deleted member 23270

yes.

if everyone had the same opportunity to book, then they should have been quicker to book.

club I am a member at is ridiculously busy to try and get tee times. I want to play next weekend, but currently can’t. Am I complaining? No.

i just keep checking to see if something frees up.
But how many people have booked twice whilst you can't get a game?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I don't see the issue, he's paid his 7 fees and is entitled to play as much as he want. Just
Today is our first monthly competition of the season. There is a 'competition' start sheet that runs from 7:20am till 1pm then 'ordinary' teetimes for the remainder of the afternoon after that. A guy (who is generally a decent bloke) booked the 7:20 time then also booked in again at 1:30 with another member and 2 'guests'. He has a history of booking 'guests' then releasing the space(s) for friends at a later date. The next available space on the booking sheet is 14:28 which is too late to get round in the competition. There were 7 members on the waiting list to play today although this is exceptional and probably down to a combination of 1st competition of the year and limited daylight.

So, should I highlight this to the general manager/committee or let it go?

I don't really see what the issue is, but the clocks change soon anyway and a 230 tee off will get around in time.

D

Deleted member 23270

I don't see the issue, he's paid his 7 fees and is entitled to play as much as he want. Just

I don't really see what the issue is, but the clocks change soon anyway and a 230 tee off will get around in time.
7 other people have also paid their fees and can't get a game.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Ah ok you mean you have no idea, but want to castigate the guys who's just trying to get full use of his membership. He's not stopping anyone playing really is he.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But how many people have booked twice whilst you can't get a game?

I think you’re trying to find a problem in something that really isn’t. Those 7 who couldn’t get a game need to be a bit quicker in signing up for competitions.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My club doesn't have tee times, and at the very shortened daylight hours of the year we dont allow guests or visitors.
In this instance I can't help but feel that whilst he may be able to book a second tee slot doesn't mean to say he should, and cant help but feel it's symptomatic of the "me me me" selfish nature of modern society as seen lately with the bulk buying and hording of food and supplies.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
If there is such a demand for slots in the comp then each player should only be allowed to play one round.
It's a new one on me as at our club you can only book one tee time.
Yeah same where I've played , the brs would only allow one slot, but the pro shop would happily override it and book me 2nd as I often play twice on a weekend. I really don't see what the problem is.

Hackers76

Visit site
don’t see any problem with it as it is. If enough members complain that are always on a waiting list the club just need to implement a rule that rounds with guests can only be booked a week in advance on comp days therefore giving members plenty of time. If they still fail to book then it’s on their own tardiness. If nobody complains the club are going to be happy as they are getting additional guest fees