what starts your downswing

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
ive got a lesson on tues so hopefully il get an answer then, but just wanted to know what people think, once i get the club to the top of my backswing im opening my shoulders,( think it maybe im concentrating too much on hitting the ball instead of swinging the club) this is causing the club to come from the outside, heard different answers to this some move their hips first, some the arms, any advice on how i can stop opening my shoulders would be appreciated,

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
many many many answers to this

But if you suffer from opening shoulders, a vareity of standard moves will "help" - e.g.shift hips (not weight, but just hips) towards the target, - that helps leave your club and hands behind, and that slight delay helps the club to then drop below the swing plane, and then approach the ball from the inside.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
This guy says some interesting things.

Stack and tilters keep the weight more on the left side as they're going back, so you might have different beliefs on your backswing.

But having that solid left side to hit against/through seems to be something that S&Ters and most good 'traditional' swingers seem to me to have in common.

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
lessons at six, so might see you up there, how,s yours going, ive not had a lesson for 3 weeks so ive prob forgot everything :D