What new courses are you playing in 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing Hamptworth on Wednesday, looking forward (I think) to tackling The Beast.

Playing Drift in March with a golf society, was supposed to play on the 27th December but got cancelled due to weather.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't go in for expensive courses, but there are some local ones to me that I'd quite like to try this year - West Middlesex & Verulam are a couple of decent-looking ones.

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Doing trump Dubai and els Dubai in a couple of weeks and Faldo, montgomerie & Lydia links in turkey in March. Anyone played them to tell me what I’m looking forward too?

I will be going to Dubai in March so looking to get a couple of rounds in, was thinking Yas links plus one other so let me know how you get on.

Other courses I am booked in for are
Liphook
Sundridge Park
Frilford Heath

And no doubt a couple more courses to be arranged.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will be going to Dubai in March so looking to get a couple of rounds in, was thinking Yas links plus one other so let me know how you get on.

Other courses I am booked in for are
Liphook
Sundridge Park
Frilford Heath

And no doubt a couple more courses to be arranged.
Josh.... can't see you down for this, matey.... dinna leave it too late :whistle:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So far booked.
Cleveland
Princes
Royal Cinque Ports
Royal St Georges
Silloth
Turnberry both
West Lancs
Machrehanise x2
Mottram Hall
Forest Pines
Dundonald
Carne Links
Enniscrone
Sligo
Malton & Norton
Ripon
Forest Pines - again :whistle:
Seaton Carew x3
Frilford Heath
West Hill
Liphook

Also hoping to book.

Blackwell
& the EnglandGolf Seniors Events.... just hope I've left room :confused:

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not much new on the list for me so far.

Golspie and Brora are in the diary for end of May.

I have a sizeable 'hit' list but no firm plans as yet - must do better.....

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well that is Hamptworth ticked off. Only £12 for a round and the course was virtually empty. It was quite wet underfoot but I've played worse, not a lot of mud around, I reckon the wheels on my trolley were cleaner when I finished the round than when I started.

I wimped out of playing the 16th as a par 6, played from the regular yellow tee at 566 yards. However I now think it would have made more sense to play the whole 666 yards, as my drive should have well past the yellow tee and so I would have been in a more advanced spot with 5 shots still left to play for par.

I have to say it was one of the more interesting courses I've played. Every hole was different and lots of elevation changes but never an uphill slog. I will definitely return later in the year when the conditions are better.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well that is Hamptworth ticked off. Only £12 for a round and the course was virtually empty. It was quite wet underfoot but I've played worse, not a lot of mud around, I reckon the wheels on my trolley were cleaner when I finished the round than when I started.

I wimped out of playing the 16th as a par 6, played from the regular yellow tee at 566 yards. However I now think it would have made more sense to play the whole 666 yards, as my drive should have well past the yellow tee and so I would have been in a more advanced spot with 5 shots still left to play for par.

I have to say it was one of the more interesting courses I've played. Every hole was different and lots of elevation changes but never an uphill slog. I will definitely return later in the year when the conditions are better.

Looks a nice enough place especially for the cost. That par 6 sounds interesting. Might be tempted to head that way during Royal Ascot week https://www.hamptworthgolf.co.uk/

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Mmm got a couple of nice ones, mainly due to the superb organisation of the Forum Arrange a Game section. It really is superb.

West Hill
Liphook
Silloth - been on the radar for few years now, really looking forward to ticking it off.
Turnberry x2

Will have to wait and see on any more as it depends what Opens I can get on. Usual partners are getting increasingly difficult to pin down.

There are a couple I'm really looking forward to returning to, Seaton Carew and my fave The Hotchkin @ Woodhall.
Couple of others I would really like to get back to also are Moortown and Hollinwell.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Still havent finalised all of them, but hopefully amongst others:-

Turnberry (since the changes)
Robert the Bruce course
Waterville
Tralee
Killarney
Cuddington
Tandridge
Walton Heath
Liphook
West Hill
Frilford heath
Little Aston
Lindrick
Sandmoor
Muirfield
Kingsbarns
North Berwick

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good Lord!!! There's some amazing lists here. Don't you work????????

Siloth
A course somewhere in Newcastle area
A course on the way to Leeds, one in Leeds, one on the way back from Leeds.

That's it !

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not much new on the list for me so far.

Golspie and Brora are in the diary for end of May.

I have a sizeable 'hit' list but no firm plans as yet - must do better.....

Played Golspie last year and it's probably the most quirky course I've ever played. Starts off links, then goes into Heathland, then onto Parkland. Very enjoyable, but not in the same league as Brora.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Golspie last year and it's probably the most quirky course I've ever played. Starts off links, then goes into Heathland, then onto Parkland. Very enjoyable, but not in the same league as Brora.

Its OK, we get to play it for free, but TBH don't too often. some great holes and some terrible ones. The parkland ones and the last two esp