What is your favourite time of the day to play?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am playing in a rearranged board comp this afternoon at 2.10pm, I have been up for a couple of hours and its still half a day away.

i much prefer to play in the morning around 10, just enough time to get up, leisurely get ready and then off to the course.

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like starting around 7pm in the middle of the summer as the sun is coming down. Either that or in the morning as the sun is coming up and the course is empty, has to be a nice course though.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same here. I'm not really one for early starts so generally for a comp I like a mid/late morning tee time. Like you say an afternnon start means hanging around half the day.

Having said that my favourite time to be on the golf course is probably early on a summer's evening when the place is really quiet and the course is bathed in that beautiful warm light you get just before the sun starts to set.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When the bar is closed...

Seriously, in a comp about 1pm. For a knock, about 7pm when its really quiet.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Love evening golf in the summer get all day with the family then nice quiet course and not too hot. Find early morning golf hard to get going with (not a morning person)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back in the day when I worked a shift that finished at four in the morning... Used to look forward to those few weeks in the middle of the year when it was possible to go straight to the course and get 18 in before going off to bed... Was worth it just for the look on the faces of those on the first tee as we walked off after 18 ;)...

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
ANYTIME THAT MY COURSE IS ........... OPEN

SHUT .... AGAIN .... TODAY......!!!!
Been CLOSED the last 3 days now ........ :angry:

Seriously though, we normally tee off between 9-930am, on a sunday comp
Though I dont mind afternoon tee times in height of summer

Neddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Twilight, no better place than the golf course when the sun is setting. And I like a quiet course. Prefer to focus on my game than whether I am holding/catching people up.

And it's cheaper!

Last edited:

Mary

Head Pro
Visit site
When there's enough light, I like late afternoon/early evening games - course is quiet, so time to enjoy the game and the views.

For a comp, I prefer one of the earlier start times, so that I don't get caught in any backlog caused by slow play.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I prefer 9pm onwards just as its dark, i find i lose less balls this way !

Putting in the dark is also more effective

This way i can play nearly all clubs for free as i turn up when everybody else has gone home ha ha

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Evening time for me, when it feels like the course is my own!

In comps, around 11 is good, enough to chill, coffee and breakfast, see the family, then plenty time for a beer afterwards and a bit craic.

:)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If anyone is thinking about playing in the evening during the summer, dont.
It's always busy, slow, and you really wouldn't enjoy it.
Play in the morning instead :thup: