What is the next course you are playing?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably going to play Avington Park near Winchester tomorrow. Not played there before but have heard good things about it. Not a very long course but looks attractive.

The Lion

Visit site
Played Windermere yesterday at the end of an enjoyable day trip around the Lakes.

Cracking moorland/upland style course with some great holes, heather, gorse & bracken, plus some pine and birch, blind shots, hilltop green sites, amazing views of the fells and plentiful par 3s...

In summary, short and quirky yet beautiful, and ideal for a stopover on the way to/from Scotland, with good pubs nearby for food/drinks after....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Plan is to play at Forest of Arden Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, unless the new lock down rules prevent us from travelling........ again!! This is our third postponement/ change from Portugal, to France, to local :censored:

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Brampton heath golf centre Wednesday winter series rd1

Aspley GUISE & Woburn sands, Milton Keynes week after anther WS event, Kirtlington Oxford End of Oct anther WS event

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out for a walk on Sunday the track took us across Cowdray Park Golf Club - Midhurst, West Sussex. It looked really nice with the SI 1 looking a mighty challenging par 4.

Anyone played it?

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Out for a walk on Sunday the track took us across Cowdray Park Golf Club - Midhurst, West Sussex. It looked really nice with the SI 1 looking a mighty challenging par 4.

Anyone played it?

Yep decent course and certainly not easy. Thing I liked is it is not a driver and blast type of course, lots of options with club selections.

Was in very good nick when I played it, which was last year. Worth a visit.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I finish my self isolation on Sunday so after 2 weeks stuck in the house I'll happily play anywhere!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Anyone played it?
Many times. During the drought it was the only course I played that had green fairways. Some cracking views though you do have to play a couple of steep holes to see them. Well worth playing.(y)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Anyone played it?

Not since I was a young guy in Nat West.. the manager and many of the office played there. I hadn't been playing long. It seemed a long course but in a great setting. Must have been about 1987 last time I was there!!