What is the next course you are playing?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
My home course in the Sunday competition - not played there since the last weekend in September - I last played on 1st October in a senior team competition at a club close to mine.

I'm quite surprised I haven't missed it too much so far, but that's probably partly due to having lost a good golfing friend early on in this crap year - he should have been in that seniors team.

Hoping for a better 2021 and I want to get back into playing some more seniors golf, but I'm not booking any yet.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hitting it hard next week - booked Thursday & Friday off. Thurs driving range and 9 holes with the old man. Friday have a meeting Grims Dyke with two mates to discuss membership for next year, they aren't open for visitors though so we'll get a tee time elsewhere for that afternoon. And Saturday is a scramble at my club rearranged from the start of November. Lovely!

You watch the weather be absolutely appalling now.
Well I called it. Snow on the way apparently, you couldn't make it up. We booked Rickmansworth in the end for the Friday so at least it's short. At least it means I can wear some of the winter clothing that I've bought in dribs and drabs over the year.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
cant see me playing any course other than my own for many months. My rounds this subscription year are going to have been very expensive and I cant justify paying to play anywhere else...ah well...maybe May time i'll play Machrie as planning to visit my brother at his place in Islay...and he's a member

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Still got a voucher to play Bramley. Think that'll be my first away trip from Ascot but maybe March time. Let's get Covid sorted and warmer weather coming first. I use to play with my mates society between Christmas and New Year. Never anywhere flash but fun golf with mates and a meal. That's gone this year. Got an invite to Mill Ride in the same period but that'll be a bog so taking a rain check. Is it me but is there a sense of security playing at your home course with regular friends just now?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I called it. Snow on the way apparently, you couldn't make it up. We booked Rickmansworth in the end for the Friday so at least it's short. At least it means I can wear some of the winter clothing that I've bought in dribs and drabs over the year.

Tavistock GC Monday and 14cm snow forecast on the moor over the weekend. Best find the flask for my Bovril.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Still got a voucher to play Bramley. Think that'll be my first away trip from Ascot but maybe March time. Let's get Covid sorted and warmer weather coming first. I use to play with my mates society between Christmas and New Year. Never anywhere flash but fun golf with mates and a meal. That's gone this year. Got an invite to Mill Ride in the same period but that'll be a bog so taking a rain check. Is it me but is there a sense of security playing at your home course with regular friends just now?
So the next course you're playing is your home club?

D

Deleted member 29109

Playing at The Cambridgeshire Golf Club in the morning. Or Bar Hill as its more commonly known.
Will be my first game for 5 weeks other than pitch and putt at weekend with one club.
Hoping the new irons and experimental driver go well. Although I'm fully expecting a cold miserable trudge round in the mud.