What do you hate about the game?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morons who dont do.

Divots not replaced - oh the crows pick them out!!! What and walk 5yds up the fairway, drop it, then waddle back to see what’s in there?? REPLACE YOUR DIVOT

Pitch marks unrepaired. It doesn’t take much effort to bend down and repair. SO REPAIR ANY YOU FIND - IF ITS ON YOUR LINE OF PUTT YOU’D REPAIR IT.

Bunkers not raked. My biggest pet hate. I want to catch those who don’t do it and confront them to see how good they are when their ball is in a foot print or sand divot. RAKE YOUR MESS UP ITS NOT HARD TO DO.

The other is those who run round the golf course cos they don’t have much time, or they want to watch the match, and bemoan others who are playing at a reasonable pace in front but are now being accused of slow play. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME THEN DONT PLAY.

Oh and trolleys hauled over teeing areas, next it’ll be the greens..

Chill Winston

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morons who dont do.

Divots not replaced - oh the crows pick them out!!! What and walk 5yds up the fairway, drop it, then waddle back to see what’s in there?? REPLACE YOUR DIVOT

Pitch marks unrepaired. It doesn’t take much effort to bend down and repair. SO REPAIR ANY YOU FIND - IF ITS ON YOUR LINE OF PUTT YOU’D REPAIR IT.

Bunkers not raked. My biggest pet hate. I want to catch those who don’t do it and confront them to see how good they are when their ball is in a foot print or sand divot. RAKE YOUR MESS UP ITS NOT HARD TO DO.

The other is those who run round the golf course cos they don’t have much time, or they want to watch the match, and bemoan others who are playing at a reasonable pace in front but are now being accused of slow play. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME THEN DONT PLAY.

Oh and trolleys hauled over teeing areas, next it’ll be the greens..
This reads like you’ve had a bad day.
Beer and watch the match. Chill.

D

Deleted member 15344

In regards the trolleys on tees - it mainly down from what I can see at Links courses where the trolleys make next to zero damage. I remember being at Littlestone playing with the captain and he took his trolley on the tee so I asked him about it.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf nauses!!! Fellas who are experts in shaft flex, spin rate, golf swings but have never broken 80🤣
8 handicappers who want to turn pro.
28-scratch in a year blogs
Golf blogs in general
Vloggers
I see enough rubbish golf on a Saturday morning, why do I want to read/watch more about it?
Choppers who can diagnose Rory’s issues!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Extreme right-wing rules planks for me. No better way to ruin a day out than being paired with such idiots.

Find this an odd post. Can I just ask, is this during a knock with mates, which then your post is understandable, or in a QF comp? If the latter then you have to play by the rules of golf and the person in question is just making sure his group are doing things correctly.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
and bemoan others who are playing at a reasonable pace in front but are now being accused of slow play.

Who decides what a reasonable pace is?
If you ask 3 different people the chances are you'll get 3 different answers.
I've said it all along.....
Sprinters out early doors
Less quick players mid morning
Slower players after lunch.
EVERYONE can then play at their own reasonable pace

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

And if the slow players have plans for the afternoon?

Or quick players need to do a school run before golf?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is great until the slower players decide to go out early. For one, they have to recognise that they are slow, the club has to recognise and act upon it and all of that has to fit with the lifestyle demands of each player, ie a slow group may go out early because they may need to be finished and home for the afternoon. I think everyone would love what you have stated to actually be put into practice.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There would be no hard and fast rule to say slow players can't play in the morning or fast players in the afternoon but they would have to put up with what they get.
ie
Slow players would soon get fed up being dragged round early and fast players likewise in the afternoon.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Meanwhile, replace your divots.....please. Forget the crows, if only for the guys directly behind.
I never said I don't replace my divots. If you read my post you will see that I think seed bags are a better option if they are available.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I dislike that Professional golf is almost exclusively 72 hole stroke play events.

I dislike how critical people can be of some courses that aren't 'top' courses. As long as somewhere is in reasonable nick and you are playing with like minded folks, just enjoy it.

I hate that Trump owns Turnberry and that it has been defacto removed from the Open Rota because of an ignorant, classless bully.

Not according to this article published yesterday, still on the rota (https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/tour-news/turnberry-still-on-open-rota-174423). Much as I dislike Trump as a person, when we played Turnberry last year, it was in great nic, and an all round excellent experience. But agree with you on the classless bully description, he's a thoroughly unpleasant person.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There would be no hard and fast rule to say slow players can't play in the morning or fast players in the afternoon but they would have to put up with what they get.
ie
Slow players would soon get fed up being dragged round early and fast players likewise in the afternoon.
I know you are a teaching pro, do you also have influence or run the comps at your club or does it not work that way? If you do, are you able to put this into practice?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Not according to this article published yesterday, still on the rota (https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/tour-news/turnberry-still-on-open-rota-174423). Much as I dislike Trump as a person, when we played Turnberry last year, it was in great nic, and an all round excellent experience. But agree with you on the classless bully description, he's a thoroughly unpleasant person.

Like I said, defacto removed. They obviously still plan / hope to use it, but aren't going to make that decision until they see how next years election pans out.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I know you are a teaching pro, do you also have influence or run the comps at your club or does it not work that way? If you do, are you able to put this into practice?

I'm retired now but when I did use this system it worked very well. (For comps and days out mainly).
The way I see it is there are 3 realistic choices

1. Let slow players out first followed by fast players.
2. Mix up the slow and fast players.
3. Put fast players out first, then slower behind.

No.1 will never work
No.2 (present system) doesn't work.
No.3 Does work very well.

Ok, it may mean that a few people may have to change their plans but if it meant EVERYONE could play at their own pace without being hassled, it would be worth the effort.

After all, the club doesn't exist to pander to the few that have plans that ruins everybody else's day.