What do you do when you simply can't remember?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played in the Monthly stableford this morning and played pretty well. A couple of mistakes but I holed a birdie putt on 18 for a 79 and 36 points.

I checked my card with my marker and we both agreed so signed it.

Then our other FC while checking his card (which I marked) says..."You've mixed our scores up on 14". I looked and he points out that I've written 5 for 1 in his column and 4 for 2 in the marker column. I remember he made 4 but he insisted I missed my par putt. I'm sure I didn't as I always know my score and remember thinking on the 15th tee that I was 2 over handicap and 4 pars would give me 37 points but I don't actually have any memory of the putt in question. I remember the tee shot, I remember being just off the green with a big lump of mud on ball ball after 2, I remember having a 6/7 foot par putt and I remember being on the 15th tee, but I simply don't remember the putt he says I missed and neither does my marker. Th guy is question is a regular PP and he was so insistent I just assumed I had mixed them up and changed my score.

Then on the way home I remember walking of the 15th and noting I had only marked my score on the 14th. For some reason I asked my marker what he got on 14 and wrote it on the card - he got 5 for 1.

So the mistake was me marking the wrong players score down, not getting mine wrong.

I know the score has to stand for the comp, but since 36 points is almost guaranteed a cut, am I right in thinking that if me and my marker agree, that I can have the 5 changed back to a 4 for handicap?

D

Deleted member 15344

I played in the Monthly stableford this morning and played pretty well. A couple of mistakes but I holed a birdie putt on 18 for a 79 and 36 points.

I checked my card with my marker and we both agreed so signed it.

Then our other FC while checking his card (which I marked) says..."You've mixed our scores up on 14". I looked and he points out that I've written 5 for 1 in his column and 4 for 2 in the marker column. I remember he made 4 but he insisted I missed my par putt. I'm sure I didn't as I always know my score and remember thinking on the 15th tee that I was 2 over handicap and 4 pars would give me 37 points but I don't actually have any memory of the putt in question. I remember the tee shot, I remember being just off the green with a big lump of mud on ball ball after 2, I remember having a 6/7 foot par putt and I remember being on the 15th tee, but I simply don't remember the putt he says I missed and neither does my marker. Th guy is question is a regular PP and he was so insistent I just assumed I had mixed them up and changed my score.

Then on the way home I remember walking of the 15th and noting I had only marked my score on the 14th. For some reason I asked my marker what he got on 14 and wrote it on the card - he got 5 for 1.

So the mistake was me marking the wrong players score down, not getting mine wrong.

I know the score has to stand for the comp, but since 36 points is almost guaranteed a cut, am I right in thinking that if me and my marker agree, that I can have the 5 changed back to a 4 for handicap?

Can you change your score once you have signed the scorecard and the comp has been closed ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having played with you for long enough I'm very surprised you didn't remember and stand the ground. I would doubt once it's signed and handed in you can do anything about it. Well done on a decent score and a cut though

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having played with you for long enough I'm very surprised you didn't remember and stand the ground. I would doubt once it's signed and handed in you can do anything about it. Well done on a decent score and a cut though

I can probably remember every other shot, but oddly not that one. I'm sure though that I didn't miss as that would have put me 3 over handicap and I know I was only two. I sat for 10 minutes trying to remember befor returning my card and it's just not there.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Strange one all right , Im Not 100% Sure but id say you have to stick with what you signed for & subitted Mike,

I don't think it would be allowed to change it even if you and PP agree..

if it were the other way round would be simpler you would just be DQ'd ..

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Strange one all right , Im Not 100% Sure but id say you have to stick with what you signed for Mike,

I don't think it would be allowed to change it even if you and PP agree..

if it were the other way round would be simpler you would just be DQ'd ..

It's strange alright, and a tad frustrating. I have been through the round and just cannot remember that putt, but I'm sure I didn't miss it.