What Course Are You Most Looking Forward To Playing This Year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

I will be going back upto Turnberry this year to play The Ailsa and hopefully playing Royal Birkdale this year.

I absolutely love Turnberry I can't wait to get back up there. They do a twilight deal for £90ish that starts at 3pm.

I'm also going to Aberdovey with the usual suspects and hopefully I'll be at West Hill for the H4H day if my invite arrives:whistle:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm looking forward most of all to our return to Gainsborough this year. It will be the fourth (or possibly fifth) trip up there, and it's a great week-end.
The two courses, whilst not "classics", both offer a fair test and are usually in good condition when we go. And they are as different from each other as chalk and cheese, so offer a good variety of challenges.
We have 16 going this year, as opposed to our "usual" 8, so it's going to spice things up a little.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Looking forward to returning to Burnham & Berrow in March as the 18th owes me, then ticking off Alwoodely in April which has been high on my bucket list for a while, the GM Championship at Hillside then in May where hopefully it won't be as windy and I've got my swing back, Sherwood Forest off the back pins with Fundy in a pairs Open in June, the annual event at Cooden in July then follows where I'm yet to card a decent score, a messy but interesting meet then follows for 3 days at Gainsborough in August, no doubt the H4H's day then will feature in September, so all-in-all, 1 great course and a decent craic per month from March throughout the season :thup:

If Fishes did calendars....

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The Duchess at Woburn, Sunningdale and might even get up to Scotland and play a few up there. I hear Machrahanish is worth a bash......

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will be going back upto Turnberry this year to play The Ailsa and hopefully playing Royal Birkdale this year.

I absolutely love Turnberry I can't wait to get back up there. They do a twilight deal for £90ish that starts at 3pm.

I'm also going to Aberdovey with the usual suspects and hopefully I'll be at West Hill for the H4H day if my invite arrives:whistle:

With you on Turnberry, I try to go once a year.

Birkdale is also high on the list for this year, let me know when you're thinking of?

looking forward to Aberdovey, Alwoodley & playing every week @ my new home :D

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm planning on playing H4H this year so looking forward to that. I'd like to play Liphook and Hankley Common too, plus a trip down to Hayling would be nice.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Royal St George's in the February forum meet, given I've watched Opens there. West Hill in the H4H, the place is beautiful and means a lot to me.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Top of my bucket list is Birkdale, closely followed by Muirfield. I might try for Royal Troon when I'm up at GG.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aberdovey and Alwoodley booked in.

Hope to play Formby and/or Birkdale this year.

Maybe get up to Gods Country to play a couple aswell at some point.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The old course in April :) xmas present from the wife ( too each other) !

not thought of any other courses to play yet, maybe siloth but will need to do a forum meet this year wherever that may be