What clubs have great food

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just got back from a golf trip in the UK and the golf was good and the course in great shape. Couldn't say that about the food - terrible breakfast it was like a little chef disaster and the dinner was like a ready meal.
I'm not expecting Gordon Ramsay, but some good honest food. Has anyone got any courses they know with great food?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Going back a few years Portstewart had fantastic food.

Machrihanish Dunes do good food at their "resort", at the clubhouse it's really only soup and sandwiches.

D

Deleted member 1418

Best lunch I've had was at Royal St George's - immense. But I know that there are a number guys on here who rave about The Berkshire too.

Best breakfast was The Belfry - full on hot and cold buffet.

And the half way house at Woburn (Marquess) had Guinness and Asahi on tap, as well as a brilliant sausage bap! Would've quite happily binned off the rest of the round and spent a few hours in there!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What do you want from a golf club in terms of food? For me great food in a golf club is

a generous bacon / sausage butty (not mean on the filling)
a full cooked breakfast (insert English/Scottish/Welsh etc)
soup and a roll (seniors seem to like that in the winter)
a selection of sandwiches
pie & chips
quiche and salad in the summer

Simple, filling, quick to produce, cheap, nothing fancy required. If it can't be brought out in 10 minutes then it shouldn't be on the menu :D

It's a few years since I've been there but Knaresbrough used to do belting options as above, hearty portions (y)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Best lunch I've had was at Royal St George's - immense. But I know that there are a number guys on here who rave about The Berkshire too.

And the half way house at Woburn (Marquess) had Guinness and Asahi on tap, as well as a brilliant sausage bap! Would've quite happily binned off the rest of the round and spent a few hours in there!

Walked round Open Qualifying at the Marquess a few years back, could pretty much have played a round for how much we spent in the halfway hut that day haha

D

Deleted member 21258

Best Breakfast - Buffet style...........Mount Juliet
....................... Full Breakfast.......Princes
....................... Bacon Roll ...........Hainault Forest
Best Lunch .......Buffet/Carvery.......Royal St Georges
....................... Best normal lunch..Beau Desert(omelette & chips) or Royal St Davids(burger & chips)

Best Halfway house.... pass, never found a great one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that I only ever eat either a full English or a sausage & egg sandwich, I'd be more inclined to remember the bad ones than the good ones.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When Swanwick were in the local RAF league, they played at Southwick Park. Post match meal was a curry buffet, eat all you can. Brilliant 😀😀😀

Wolf

Visit site
Lots of comments on here about some quite upmarket venues. TBH with the prices they charge the food should be excellent. I expect a decent plate of tasty food for about a tenner or less at a members club.
I'd agree with that high end expect high end food. At a club I want a decent breakfast with a coffee for less than a tenner

Wolf

Visit site
With the above being said..

High end prices, not that I'd know I got them all free including the golf 😂
Breakfast: Woburn
Lunch : Royal Cinque Ports
Dinner: Royal St George's

For the more affordable pallet which is like mine. All of the below less than a tenner with a drink

Breakfast :Gillingham Golf club (used to be a banging fry up
Lunch: South Kyme (the South Kyme burger of 1/2lb burger, crispy bacon, mature cheddar with homemade tomato relish & chips)
Dinner : Bearsted used to do a cracking carvery

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

RSG’s lunch is better than The Berkshire. Best one I have had at a golf club. Lunches at Hankley and Swinley are good as well.

Sausage rolls at our half way hit are stunning. Hand made by chef. Only problems is trying to hit a drive on 10 after eating one.:eek: