What battery?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Once again the battery on my Hillbilly is starting to fail- it has only just lasted 18 holes on the last 2 outings. I am getting really brassed off with batteries that barely seem to last 12 months - anyone got any suggestions?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
From what I have seen of Hillbilly batteries, they are about half the size of "proper" batteries so can't be expected to ""last the course"" (joke Pete ;)).

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I do have a Hillbilly. It's about a year old and haven't had any battery issues yet.

Will comfortably do 27, and a couple of times I've played 36 on the same charge, nursing it round by pushing downhill etc. It may have got round without that, I don't know.

Have you had the same charger all that time? Maybe it's that that is faulty and not fully charging your battery?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
From what I have seen of Hillbilly batteries, they are about half the size of "proper" batteries so can't be expected to ""last the course"" (joke Pete ;)).

I thought that was because they were a newer type of battery, like on the new Powakaddy's. Lithium, or something like that, don't know much about batteries.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks all for comments and help. I have ordered a battery and charger from your suggested site Viscout and decided that, as my charger is quite old that it was time to replace that too - shame they dont offer the same with a marriage certificate!

Cheers all

Chris

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Ordered the battery this morning and wnet out with HID for the day and came back to an email saying out of stock will send as soon as stock is in. Wouldn't be too difficult to tell this at the point of ordering would it? Carry it is then this Sunday

Chris