What a strange weekend

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yesterday 82 par 71
Today 70 par 71
Same course, a lot more wind today with a couple of brief bursts of rain in between, Hit more fairways yesterday but irons working better today. -1 gross today in quite difficult conditions...I cant decide whether saturday was an off day or sunday was a very good one, I still missed around 4 birdie putts which were fairly makeable and had 7 3's on my card. Small changes have made such a difference to my game this past month or so. It really looks like the AP2's are really starting to pay for themselves.
Anyone else had such a revelation happen recently?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
brendy....I can't offer any comment but if you've just shot a 1 under gross (just how good?!) what were you doing over 80 yesterday??
What's your h'cap.....

1 under gross

1 under gross

I'm being haunted.

Me, jealous?..... :)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Currently 9 (was 6 2 years back but having 2 kiddiewinkles under 5 has seriously reduced my time on the range and course, I do believe im still around the 6 mark but every round has one bad hole which Im working on.), I play weekly but can only grab what time I can when the missus has the kids away to a classmates birthday party or something.
I am in the middle of a serious weightloss programme at the moment (topped 19 stone 6 weeks ago, now 17st 12), back when I played of 6 I was around 17 stone so I wonder if its my swing starting to come back again.
I also practice with my old putter in work every day for 15 minutes during my lunch hour, more for stroke than results. My office is 20+ feet long and have cur out the middle inch and a bit out of a cd and use it as target practice, in around a month of trying ive managed to stop the ballin the centre just once, its bloody hard and keeps me trying.
We are on our yellow tees for the winter (around 10-15 yards shorter per hole than the summer tees with normal greens etc still in use.
BTW missed a putt for a 2 on the 17th from 7 feet then rolled in an arcing 15-17 footer on the last...golf eh?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not quite inthe same capacity but won the stalbeford last week with 40 points and shot net 80 (+10) in the medal yesterday. What a difference a week makes.

I actually didn't play too badly. One bad shot cost me a 9 (lost ball and a mental error) on a par 5 and then just hit two bad drives OB at 16 and 17. It was my putting, so long a strength, that was bad with 37 putts. Not sure but had zero confidence on anything between 10 inches and 2 feet.

Always next week though

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Homer, do you practice your putting away from the course? As I mentioned above, I practice my stroke in the office at lunchtimes and I reckon thats helping big time.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I did pretty well this weekend 4 pars, 1 birdie and 2 eagles, 42 pounts and net 64 on 79, 480 par 4 took a triple boogie twice :mad:(9 holer)!!!

Also notice after 3 round that when I fell over in Spain and landed on my stand bag that I bent my putter :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hate you all!!

Still can't play coz of this hand I tweaked last Sunday.

Going chipping and putting tomorrow to see if its ok

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Imurg, gently does it, ive got a slight tweak to my left shoulder (possibly why ive been hooking a little recently with my non sore right side taking over a little) and its going to take a while to gently persuade it to get better.
Oh, btw, turns out I won sundays competition by 2 clear (44 points) shots, they are usually 45 point with a few count backs needed to decide the top 3 but the wind on sunday must have been too much for a lot of the regulars. Best bit (or worst depending on your outlook) is that my winter handicap has been cut to 4.5 already after just two good rounds. Something tells me the main prizes will be out of reach in future and Ill be competing for the gross instead, no big problem though!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
My putting stroke was always a bit of a figure of eight, now its all shoulders and a good back and forth motion. I could never spend enough time on the putting greens at the club to practice this but in the office I can spend 15-30 mins a day and I think its paying dividends. Give it a go, what can you lose?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
My putting stroke was always a bit of a figure of eight, now its all shoulders and a good back and forth motion. I could never spend enough time on the putting greens at the club to practice this but in the office I can spend 15-30 mins a day and I think its paying dividends. Give it a go, what can you lose?

My ball the way I putt!

No it is a good point i intend to purchase some sort of putting training aid for use over the winter just on carpet whilst I am at home in order to practice my stroke, alignment etc.