What a smelly place

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I gave up smoking over 2 months ago now and what a difference.....
The world is really a smelly place.
I saw a hypnotherapist who did the job in about 1 hour 15 mins cost £100 but worth every penny.
I now smell the trees on the golf course, the grass being cut and the smokers coming in from having a cig outside (used to be me).
Don't worry all you smokers, I'm not going to nag you, I know thats happened to me but its a great feeling walking passed the queue at the supermarket where all the smokers are waiting to buy some more cigs.
Now, what can I buy with all this spare money ? :rolleyes:

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well done Bob. It's 2 1/2 years for me now, but I know what you mean about the smells. Just a little bit of advice...try and keep control of your weight, I let mine go a little bit, and now it's hard to get back to where I was.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done Bob. It's 2 1/2 years for me now, but I know what you mean about the smells. Just a little bit of advice...try and keep control of your weight, I let mine go a little bit, and now it's hard to get back to where I was.
Too late :D

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good on you both. Glad you feel better for it. How long does it take a pair of lungs to return to normal after stopping smoking?

Mind you, i've never smoked and still don't have any money!

Maybe i need to cut back on my Diet Coke habit! I'm sure there must be something they put in that stuff to make it adictable (is that a word?)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Good on you both. Glad you feel better for it. How long does it take a pair of lungs to return to normal after stopping smoking?

Mind you, i've never smoked and still don't have any money!

Maybe i need to cut back on my Diet Coke habit! I'm sure there must be something they put in that stuff to make it adictable (is that a word?)
Adictable is ok, but you could have chosen 'addictive'
Mono would probably say 'adictaniously' JK mono :D

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's addictive :)

I stopped smoking in February 08 and yes I'm sooooo proud of myself!!!! and I did it cold turkey. I managed to cut down first, after buying an almost new car and vowed not to smoke in it. Was only smoking between 5-10 a day, so that made it a tad easier. But ask anyone, and they'll tell you it's the hardest thing ever to do!
Oh and congrats to Bobmac and Twiregolf.

Smelling the roses

Golfmmad. :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been quit over 3 years and I love being a non smoker! I did it cold turkey, if you REALLY want to quit, its not that hard!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Congrats giving up Bobmac, I think it's awsome to give up such a flippin' addictive habit, how I've tried!

I'll make you a deal - if you EVER start smoking again you owe me £500, deal? :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Congrats giving up Bobmac, I think it's awsome to give up such a flippin' addictive habit, how I've tried!

I'll make you a deal - if you EVER start smoking again you owe me £500, deal? :)

How about if you dont give up, you owe me £500 :cool:

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
quit cold turkey from anything up to 100-a-day. (I was getting duty free fags at £1.50 per 100)
I thought I did it easily - those around me at the time disagree. that was over 20 years ago. I'm now very anti-smoking but have become a bit more tolerant.

you know you're on the way to being cured when you <u>leave</u> a queue because you can't stand the smell from the smokers.

I think it takes about 7 years to clean your lungs but
your risk of having a heart attack is halved after one or two years and, after 5 to 15 years, the level of risk of lung and other cancers, heart attack, stroke and chronic lung disease returns to that of a non-smoker.

the ex worked in Papworth on the transplant unit for years. the stories she had of visitors and patients complaining because they weren't allowed to smoke on the wards - and this <u>before and after</u> a heart/lung. some people don't deserve to be helped.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Well done Bob,Twire,Jan and everyone giving up

I now smoke free since New Year which is great now my chest does not resemble a fire back

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done Bob.

Don't believe all the hype about how hard it is - that's the vested interest trying to persuade you that you haven't got the willpower.

No will power needed. I stopped 36 years ago when my first was born by just by giving up one cigarette - the next one. Never felt the need for the one after that :)

Just seen my sig again. Very appropiate I think on this thread.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I'm down to about 5 a day. But what does have me worried is that when I wake up to get our youngests bottle in the middle of the night, I'm breathing very fast and very shallow. I feel like I can't get enough air into my lungs. Add to that the left side chest twinges that I've been getting!

Time to quit. I'm starting to worry about my health!

I haven't bought a pack for a few days and finished the last off on the golf course last night. Really must try not to buy any. Problem is that I get really ratty when I go without, and the wifes encouragement always works on the negative. ie. You smell (if I've smoked), go and have a fag you're in such a bad mood (if I haven't).

Can't win.