What a smelly place

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I've tried several times, patches, inhalators, cold turkey. Longest was a couple of weeks. But I am weak!!

I tend not to be a beliver when it comes down to hypnotherapy etc. So does that mean that it's less likely to work for me?

I also don't like the idea of being 'under'. How do you know what he/she is doing? Or whether they're any good?

So many ifs / buts and questions. :D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
the only way you stop, whether assisted or not, is if <u>you</u> want to.
you have to have your own reasons, if they are purely selfish they may even work better. no amount of nagging will do it, no amount of education will do it.

when i stopped, I had 7 weeks leave to take - in the winter. couldn't smoke in the house, eldest was asthmatic, so if I wanted a smoke it was in the garden or take the dog for a walk. At the rate I smoked, sod that, so I stopped.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stopped Jan 7 2008 (deliberately not the first of Jan so it <u>wasn't</u> a new year resolution...) Did it by a crash course of patches - one week on the full strength then one week on low strength - didn't read the instructions did I? Didn't realise I was supposed fork out a fortune by buying them for weeks.

As to whether the world is a smelly place I don't know. I still love standing down-wind of someone lighting up - as Hapless may recall from the Ascot forum day - poor soul thought he was bothering me when he lit up. Until I explained I was getting into pole position.

But like they say - watch the weight. It's the lack of exercise you see - you don't have to keep getting up to go outside for a fag.

And Bob - just as you think - if you stay at it, you'll be able to buy what you like; you'll be rolling in cash. I know I am. Ok, may be not actually rolling, but it feels like it. Gawd, did I really burn (literally) that much money?

Keep at it Bob - and anyone else who trying - it's worth it. All you need in this life is money, health & love, and quitting will give you two of 'em :)

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I got the 'easy way to quit' audio book, I got half way through got bored and quit not had a problem since.

Anyone who wants to quit try it iut its great - dull but great.

I quit Feb 08, the money pays my golf fees.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw a hypnotherapist who did the job in about 1 hour 15 mins cost £100 but worth every penny.

What did he do to you. I once went to a guy who played music into my ear's, then gave me a tape to listen to and tell myself not to smoke again I lasted 3 weeks but caved in, in the end. Was your guy different. I'm trying really hard to give up smoking!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I saw a hypnotherapist who did the job in about 1 hour 15 mins cost £100 but worth every penny.

What did he do to you. I once went to a guy who played music into my ear's, then gave me a tape to listen to and tell myself not to smoke again I lasted 3 weeks but caved in, in the end. Was your guy different. I'm trying really hard to give up smoking!

No music or tapes and you dont go under completly.
He just talked to and relaxed me until I was almost asleep but still just awake.
You are aware of your surroundings all the time. Give it a try. :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love smoking. Helps me relax on the golf course.
Stand on a difficult par 3, have to nail a 5 or 4 iron over a lake. Bit undecided. Roll up a fag, couple of puffs and reach for the 5. Splash....but I don't get wound up.