Westwood final round???

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Has there been one of his shots on Sky coverage.... Seen a couple of Walker tap ins but thats it?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
There have been a couple of Westwood shots. Which is more than we have had for Monsieur Dubisson.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its the first time I have watched golf on Sky and although I can sort of understand them concentrating on the early matches, it was annoying that the only thing you saw of the other games were putts and you more or less knew that they were going to be holed because that was the only time they showed those matches.

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
Sky suck at golf. Critchley is clueless in half the drivel he spouts.
Rory has his match won and we saw nearly every shot of this forgone conclusion. Loads of matches out there all square which really mattered.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rory has his match won and we saw nearly every shot of this forgone conclusion. Loads of matches out there all square which really mattered.
be grate full for SKY if they didnt pump the money into golf on tv we would have non and the European tour would go bust like everything else if you dont like it dont watch it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Sorry but I disagree. They are the only way the golf fan can see regular tour coverage on the European tour, and three of the four majors fully. I have issues with their US coverage but that stems from the feed they get from the US and something out of their control.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yep I have to agree with this also. And Ewen Murray (got his name right this time :D) is cringing. Not a patch on the BBC.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Sky's golf coverage is normally spot on, but I thought it was off today - they kept showing the player long after they had hit their shot, rather than show where the ball had landed, it was driving me mad!

And the end of Dubuisson's game was a shambles, how did they miss the end?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Like them or not Sky are the only ones consistently putting time and money into golf. By no means perfect but on the whole I think they do a good job.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No complaints on Sky Ryder Cup coverage from me. with 12 matches going on, it can't be possible to show everything. If Westwood and the others were placed higher up the order, we would have seen more of them. I don't think you can blame Sky for showing the matches that were coming to a climax.
As others have said, if you think Sky suck at golf, then at least they have something to suck at. No-one else shows it. I am not sure how anyone can say the BBC do it better, when they show maybe 4 comps a year.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good showing from Sky, advert breaks seemed very sparse and far inbetween.

Enjoyed the analysis and presenters they had. Interesting to hear some talk on the proceedings, instead of shot after shot which is all the BBC amounted to in their highlights it seemed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think Sky's golf coverage is normally spot on, but I thought it was off today - they kept showing the player long after they had hit their shot, rather than show where the ball had landed, it was driving me mad!

And the end of Dubuisson's game was a shambles, how did they miss the end?

I mentioned this on here on the first morning - got a bollocking for being a whinging miserablist so I shut up after that.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good showing from Sky, advert breaks seemed very sparse and far inbetween.

Enjoyed the analysis and presenters they had. Interesting to hear some talk on the proceedings, instead of shot after shot which is all the BBC amounted to in their highlights it seemed.

Looking at the advertising profile most golfers must be Guinness drinking addicted gamblers.
That guy with the Souff Lunnon accent on the gambling adverts really gets on my wick.

I remember the good old days when the advertisers talked in a language I could understand and targeted BMW drivers and Moet.
drinkers.

Changed days.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You simply cant show everything, we don't live in a time vortex!

As for sky sucking at golf! Well, frankly that's one of the most ludicrous comments I've ever read on here! They revolutionised the watching options we have. If it wasn't for Sky, we wouldn't get anywhere NEAR the level of coverage we get nowadays. Don't be blinded by a dislike for sky, they are fantastic for sports and will continue to be too. Whether or not you choose to subscribe is up to you, but no one can deny what they have done for us, the viewing public.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You simply cant show everything, we don't live in a time vortex!

As for sky sucking at golf! Well, frankly that's one of the most ludicrous comments I've ever read on here! They revolutionised the watching options we have. If it wasn't for Sky, we wouldn't get anywhere NEAR the level of coverage we get nowadays. Don't be blinded by a dislike for sky, they are fantastic for sports and will continue to be too. Whether or not you choose to subscribe is up to you, but no one can deny what they have done for us, the viewing public.

Do you see a connection between Sky's monopoly of golf on TV and the steady decline in golf club membership numbers and golf magazine sales.