Weight balance - swing video

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So went down the driving range tonight and got a mate to video me because I've been struggling with hitting long irons fat lately. The first half of the video is with my normal weight balance, ever so slightly forward of 50:50. Looking at the video we both thought the same, I was leaning back and 'scooping' the ball.

So I thought I'd stand with my weight well forward, probably 75:25 or 80:20. It feels very bizarre but actually doesn't look that bad and gave me a much better and repeatable contact. Any thoughts looking at it?

[video=youtube_share;2zVbbdIFLDQ]http://youtu.be/2zVbbdIFLDQ[/video]

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
80/20 at address is extreme.

Stack and Tilt is a very left sided swing pattern but even that doesn't advocate that much weight left at address

I would imagine you'd get either very steep into impact or reverse pivot to try and shallow out the AoA.

I would instead focus in not swaying off the ball and making a centred turn in the back swing.

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good point about getting steep. I can imagine that flipping hands and scooping the ball could be an instinctive reaction to a steep swing and looking at my hands it does look like the clubs coming in that way. Old habits die hard. Amazing how you pick up swing faults you thought you got rid of ages ago.