Weekly Summer Competition Fees

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
£4 and £1 for the twos. Bottom line a lot of members are not happy. It went up last year to £5 having been £4 for years. For a lot of members it was the straw that broke the camels back. If you win, the winnings are in vouchers for the shop only. This has bogged off a lot of members. There’s is a fair few folk walking around with vouchers in there pockets coz they have everything they want. They end up buying stuff just because the vouchers have a 6 month shelf life. It’s £5 for a nine hole comp. Folk think it’s not vfm. They would sooner spend the brass in the 19th. The club shop is privately owned. As daft as it seems it just won club shop of the year.
last Thursday there were 2 in the mens comp and 2 in the women. there was 15 in out fiddle paying £7 for a three man team.
£15 front nine.
£15 back nine.
£15 overall.
£15 for nearest the pin.
Shared between 3 lads do the maths.

wjemather

Visit site
Competition fees are £4 + optional £1 2s sweep for most weekend comps (monthly medals are £5 + £1); entries are consistent at around 150-170 each weekend. There is a 20% rake into the "competition fund", which finances competition management (software, stationary, etc.), team entry fees (for leagues and county comps), trophies and honours boards, board/trophy winners invite to presentation day/evening, etc.

sunshine

Visit site
Our Club has increased weekly fees this year by 33% from 3 to £4. Accept it is only £1 but the Club only pay out 80/85% in prizes the remainder being held back for engraving/ Guest Presentation Day speaker plus sundries. It was disappointing that there was no advice. The Club generates bar income from members which may be lost if they decide to go elsewhere.

What are your weekly fees and thoughts please?

This is a wind up right? Outrageous 33% increase ???

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t play in the competition if you don’t like it…….

The problem with not playing in comps (was) that you had to to keep your H/C "active". I don't think this applies now. At a fiver per comp I'd only be playing in a few. I don't know what the lads pay for the weekend comp but the seniors comps are £2. You gotta laugh the the ones with the biggest disposable income (usually), pay the least. They have their own section and run it for the benefit of themselves. They hog all the morning t times on a Tuesday and a Thursday up to 11.30am. Thank God I'm one of them. It's the reason I've stayed here. But if I wasn't I'd be gone like a shot.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still cheaper than a pint.

Maybe, but if you don't drink in pubs anymore, and lets face it, who does and their prices and that's why there are so many closing we've lost ten within a ten minute walk of our house in the last x years, draws breath......then £4 is a lot.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Competition fees are £4 + optional £1 2s sweep for most weekend comps (monthly medals are £5 + £1); entries are consistent at around 150-170 each weekend. There is a 20% rake into the "competition fund", which finances competition management (software, stationary, etc.), team entry fees (for leagues and county comps), trophies and honours boards, board/trophy winners invite to presentation day/evening, etc.

Sorry to dig this up again..... however we are at 28% to cover all of these above + food costs for the Club teams.... Net, Scratch, Seniors, Rabbits & Mid-Handicap.
Just wondering if anyone is similar?

D-S

Visit site
Sorry to dig this up again..... however we are at 28% to cover all of these above + food costs for the Club teams.... Net, Scratch, Seniors, Rabbits & Mid-Handicap.
We’re 25% but this covers just admin, trophy engraving, boards updating and scratch representative teams (men’s women and junior) not ‘fun’ or friendly teams.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our fees are £4.50p this includes twos and £1 into a course developed fund which we have had going for a couple of years now.

wjemather

Visit site
We don't cover food costs from the competition fund. Players pay match fees for that - commonly between £5 and £15 - it varies depending on team and what food is required.