Wedge change

Bucket92

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At the moment I have a 60 degree callaway lob wedge but I'm thinking of changing to a 58 Cleveland wedge as I heard that 58's are more user friendly than 60's? Has anyone got any advice of this for me? I play off a low 20's handicap

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
the difference between 58 and 60 is pretty nominal in this context .......I wouldn't expect you to use the new one in any more situations than the old, nor hit it any better in those situations.

a lesson and a few hours practice on grass (critical with such clubs) should however expand your capability and range of shots significantly

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Like all clubs you need to have a controlled distance from one to the next. It's a good rule to have a 4 deg difference between each wedge so it's not a good idea to get a 58 deg when the next club up is a 56 deg.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have a pitching wedge, 54 degree wedge and my 58 degree wedge is in the post :)

That's quite a standard setup, with a bit of practice you should be fine with that combination :thup:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think when you measure your 54 with a GPS you'll surprise yourself. Your doing very well if your getting 100 from it and if so I'd expect your PW around 135.

End of the day you'll know your own yardages, I switched to 54 and consistently get 85/90 max from it.