Waterproofs

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I need a decent waterproof.
I could make do with just a jacket as I have the trousers which are still new and never been worn yet.

I'm looking for something quiet! In other words I don't want to rustle like a bin liner when I'm walking down the fairway. I also favour the subtle dark colours such as black or blue although a sugestion of colour would be acceptable (such as on the shoulders, down the sides)

I have around £100 to spend, any recommendations?

T

thecraw

I have a smashing set of Sunice Gore-tex waterproofs, dogs bollocks and I got them reduced from £300 to £160 as everybody was going for Galvin Green at that price so they had to seriously reduce them to punt!

Best bargain I think I have ever had.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I got a proquip ultralite on the internet. The trousers were £85 but they were chucking the jacket in as well so got the whole suit for that price. Should have been £170. Thisnk it was Pro-Elite golf or something similar based out of Brighton

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have footjoy red label. Got two jackets (white and red) for £50 each in a sale. Normal retail £100. They do black too. Very nice to play in.

I like the half length zip. I always find a full length zip bags forwards when I putt, and gets in the way.

Tried a proquip silk touch jacket, but found the collar too high at the front, which rubbed my neck. Found this very annoying and uncomfortable.

Sort of thing you really need to try to find one which suits you.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got a pair of mountain warehouse gortex keks for 20 quid reduced from about 60 (site discount) and i bought last years stuburt waterproof for £39 rrp £89, both a really good and warm, but are a tad on the noisy side. Gortex ideal when the ground is wet even if it aint raining, The bottom of ya trousers dont get soaked

Smudge

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i have some sunderland waterproofs that have not seen the light of day for years. I also have a proquip silk touch windtop and its very soft and quiet.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I also have the silk touch windproof jacket. Static it generates is unbelievable. I think I should plug it into the national grid and get a rebate on my leccy bill.