New trolley bag recommendations

Humpy

Visit site
My ancient Adams trolley bag is past it's best. Mainly the worn padding at the top of the club dividers; it's down to the bare plastic on the driver divider causing a few chips on the graphite shaft!!! So what to buy?

First of all, this would only be for Spring/Summer use as come Autumn/Winter I carry.

I think the main stumbling block is whether to go for a waterproof bag. My Adams bag is not waterproof and when subjected to heavy rain it did get a little damp inside but this just meant taking everything out when I got home and letting it all dry. Not really an issue. Or do current non-waterproof bags let in every drop or just cause a bit of dampness through the zips?

I'm not too fussed about bag that have hundreds of pockets either; a couple of large one for waterproofs and a 2 or 3 smaller ones for balls, tees, etc would suffice.

To give some ideas of what I am looking at, Clubhouse Golf are doing the Titleist Lightweight Golf Cart bag for £120 or the Stadry Cart bag for £200. Is the latter worth £80 more?

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I currently use the stadry and cant fault it, its 100% waterproof tried and tested numerous times and never let me down, the pockets are a little tight but that's not an issue for me personally

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Go for a waterproof bag, it’s worth the extra money. I have have a Motocaddy dry series bag that I am happy with, but I won’t recommend it as that is the only one I’ve ever had, so there maybe better ones.
When I was choosing one I found that waterproof bags tend to have less pockets and generally less space in the pockets.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Does anybody make a "pull" trolley anymore.
That's what we had in my walking days.
I'm curious why they changed.
Pulling trolleys wasn't good for you as your body twists and puts unnecessary strain on the spine. Push trolleys are meant to be ergonomically better. You can still get pull trolleys but I wouldn't use one.
Also our course is quite hilly so I use a GoKart electric trolley.
In terms of the original question, I moved to a waterproof Titleist StaDry a couple of years ago. I'm very impressed with it and it stood up really well to the horrendous rainy summer of 2017.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Going for the Aquatech from Motocaddy - sits perfectly on the trolley (motocaddy), waterproof and a carry in one. Plus it's £119 atm.