Waterproof shoes

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
I bought Adidas Bounce shoes about five years back and they’ve been brilliant. Absolutely 100% waterproof, and comfortable. Only cost £80 if I remember rightly.

Before these I had cheap shoes from Sports Direct, which were equally comfortable, but rubbish even in heavy dew.

Current shoes still going strong but can’t last forever, so any suggestions on good shoes for all weathers?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I bought Adidas Bounce shoes about five years back and they’ve been brilliant. Absolutely 100% waterproof, and comfortable. Only cost £80 if I remember rightly.

Before these I had cheap shoes from Sports Direct, which were equally comfortable, but rubbish even in heavy dew.

Current shoes still going strong but can’t last forever, so any suggestions on good shoes for all weathers?
Stick with Adidas if you are happy with them.
Plenty good deals on last year's models on the likes of eBay.

Jason.H

Visit site
I have Adidas EQT in black. They are still waterproof after 18 months. Comfy wide fit.
My Squarz lost waterproofness after 8 months.
Though I should add Squarz sent me a replacement pair.

Last edited:

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have Adidas EQT in black. They are still waterproof after 18 months. Comfy wide fit.
My Squarz lost waterproofness after 8 months.
Though I should add Squarz sent me a replacement pair.

Thank you, I‘m more than happy sticking with Adidas, but I didn’t know what the modern equivalent of the Bounce model was.

I can see now it’s EQT, and they’re very reasonably priced compared to the more high end makes.

RichA

Visit site
I've bought 6 or 7 pairs of "waterproof" golf shoes of various brands in the last 3 years. None have lasted more than a few rounds before water has started getting in.
I don't bother sending them back anymore - just dry them out with desiccant sachets saved from packaging and COVID tests and wear Sealskinz socks if there's even a hint of dew on the grass.
I would think it was me, but I own Teva walking boots and Salomon running shoes that are still completely waterproof after many years of use and abuse.
Waterproof golf shoes are unicorns for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've bought 6 or 7 pairs of "waterproof" golf shoes of various brands in the last 3 years. None have lasted more than a few rounds before water has started getting in.
I don't bother sending them back anymore - just dry them out with desiccant sachets saved from packaging and COVID tests and wear Sealskinz socks if there's even a hint of dew on the grass.
I would think it was me, but I own Teva walking boots and Salomon running shoes that are still completely waterproof after many years of use and abuse.
Have you tried any of the Gore-tex Ecco ones yet? Before these I thought the same as you - although 'a few rounds' must be an exaggeration surely? Most brands I found about six to eight months before they were knackered.

RichA

Visit site
Have you tried any of the Gore-tex Ecco ones yet? Before these I thought the same as you - although 'a few rounds' must be an exaggeration surely? Most brands I found about six to eight months before they were knackered.
No exaggeration.
Footjoy x2 leaked slightly after about 10 rounds.
Puma x2 probably about the same.
Adidas S2G totally sodden after 2 rounds.
Adidas winter boots slight water ingress after 4 rounds.
The Ecco shoes I've tried on in a shop were a bit too padded for my liking, but maybe I'll give the GTX versions a go next.

IJames

Visit site
The way I neglect golf shoes, I don't expect them to be waterproof for long! However Ecco ones have been great! I too wear Sealskinz as most damp ingress is through the foothole. Staying out of the rough would help! :rolleyes:

RichA

Visit site
The way I neglect golf shoes, I don't expect them to be waterproof for long! However Ecco ones have been great! I too wear Sealskinz as most damp ingress is through the foothole. Staying out of the rough would help! :rolleyes:
It's always through the welt around the toes for me.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Try and find shoes with an attached tongue. I learned with the puma cell fusions that a tongue which is connected to the sides of the shoe will really improve how effective the shoe is at repelling water.