Golf shoes waterproof-ness

LinksTurf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Currently play FJ Dryjoys (3yo) and FJ Contour Casuals (1yo). Never had an issue with either. Had Adidas Bernhard Langers for years prior to that with no issues either. My sons Nikes however leaked in the first season.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Doesn't it depend on what you are excluding them to do? I've some Nike TW13s and they did as I would expect them to do in the winter, they coped with most things and it was a very boggy course I played on, but didn't help when I accidentally stood in 4 inches of water.

Not sure Ecco streets would cope with the British winter as one poster said. I have a pair and they are comfy as anything, but would not fancy their chances last winter. But fair play it they did for one poster.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've bought a pair of xps-1's in February and after 3 rounds had wet feet! This is a pair of shoes that were £195! Shop swapped them for another and low and behold the toe end were wet agin on Saturday! First round I'd worn them and it wasn't even wet just a bit of morning dew! I'll give them another round or two to make sure but think they'll be going back and getting my money back!

If I had the cash I'd get a pair of the Ecco one but I don't think they're gortex anymore.

D

Deleted member 15344

I've bought a pair of xps-1's in February and after 3 rounds had wet feet! This is a pair of shoes that were £195! Shop swapped them for another and low and behold the toe end were wet agin on Saturday! First round I'd worn them and it wasn't even wet just a bit of morning dew! I'll give them another round or two to make sure but think they'll be going back and getting my money back!

If I had the cash I'd get a pair of the Ecco one but I don't think they're gortex anymore.

£195 ?!?!! Blimey - thought you could get them for about £60 on eBay

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Doesn't it depend on what you are excluding them to do? I've some Nike TW13s and they did as I would expect them to do in the winter, they coped with most things and it was a very boggy course I played on, but didn't help when I accidentally stood in 4 inches of water.

Not sure Ecco streets would cope with the British winter as one poster said. I have a pair and they are comfy as anything, but would not fancy their chances last winter. But fair play it they did for one poster.

I don't expect shoes to be wellies but I would expect them to hold up to a dewy morning or a light shower which a lot of shoes seem to fail at nowadays

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a pair of ECCO Tour shoes because I wanted good quality that would last. They were made of very good materials but were horribly uncomfortable for a while and gave me some bad heel blisters. After six months the sole came away from the uppers around the toe area, I had them replaced and in another 12 months the same happened again.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I think the moral of the numerous shoe threads is that every shoe is at the same time fantastic or leaks like a sieve, depending on who you ask.;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I bought a pair of ECCO Tour shoes because I wanted good quality that would last. They were made of very good materials but were horribly uncomfortable for a while and gave me some bad heel blisters. After six months the sole came away from the uppers around the toe area, I had them replaced and in another 12 months the same happened again.

This is the first - and second - negative report about Ecco shoes I've ever seen.

Unlucky Socket!

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
See lots of comments on here about Adidas shoes,well after all the emails back and forth with Sports Direct about 'the missing cleat on the Adizero tour shoes'mystery (which has now been resolved!),I'm hoping to get a few holes in one night after work and see if they waterproof as claimed--our place has taken a bit of a pounding lately with the rain!
Wonder if they'll be as good as the Stuburts I got last year?Or even the AQLs??

Jimbo