Ecco Biom Gore-tex Mens Shoes

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just ordered a pair of the tour hybrid gtx for the winter. Silly money, but if, if they are water proof, then I'll be happy, with warm dry feet. Black too. A sensible colour for winter golf.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got these View attachment 7615

Don't believe they are the goretex version, but the standard version, they are as comfortable as my biom hybrids and 100% comfortable. I wore them last spring in the snow and again in the last couple of weeks. They haven't let any water in

I'd not buy footjoy or Adidas again in a hurry

i was looking for the gortex version of these and really couldn't find them any where. At £189 I'd be gutted to be let down in 18 months as my nikes have. It maybe a licensing issue from gortex as they all seem to be this hydromax thing. Also not on the ecco website anymore.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i was looking for the gortex version of these and really couldn't find them any where. At £189 I'd be gutted to be let down in 18 months as my nikes have. It maybe a licensing issue from gortex as they all seem to be this hydromax thing. Also not on the ecco website anymore.

Exactly how I feel, hence why it may be mizzys, prob between these or the ones Murph got if i can find somewhere with them in stock

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got mine off eBay for £125

Compared to 360's @ £99 they are night and day.

I'm not sure the goretex aids the waterproofing just the breathe ability of the liner.

Maybe stops your feet sweating! I've no conplaints.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tt
The goretex versions are way more expensive, so they must be better.......

Exactly 😃 I have a pair of clarkes gortex shoes I've had for a year now and wear them all day every day in all weathers when I've walked the kids to school and even in the snow and have never failed although the sole is starting to wear now. My nikes are worn 8 hrs a week max and have split so a little disappointed.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My new Ecco tour hybrid GTX have arrived!

They look very well made, lovely soft leather, full leather linings, very comfortable straight out of the box. A bit heavier than the more trainer like offerings though. They are supposed to have a goretex membrane, but there is no mention of this on the packing, only the web site.

Will they be waterproof? Who knows? Looking at the way the tongue fits, I'd guess the answer will be not as much as they could be. It is sewn in up the edges, but with elasticated panels, which don't look waterproof. Water falling on the tongue area looks like it will enter the shoe eventually. The rest of the shoe looks fine, with no silly breathing holes on the top.

That said, my streets have a fully sewn in tongue, and they are so not waterproof.

They do look so nice, and so well made it'll be a shame to wear them in the winter (which was what I bought them for!).

As an aside, it's often the top of my socks which wicks in the water any way. May be I need to break out my sealskins.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The pro Shop at Nairn Dunbar has about 20 pairs of the older style Gortex Ecco shoe for £95 might get myself a pair of those for the winter

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You will have to let us know how they perform Murph.

Have found a set of Gore-tex bioms for £140 hmmmmmmm

Would love to get them but would be gutted if they leaked.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks duncan. Out of interest does that include any walking on tarmac or similar, or is that all on grass? I ask as home course involves a few road crossings and a trot across the car park.

less rather than more tarmac on our course - although the route to the 1st and car park area are concrete. but then again 60% of rounds have been on away courses, so by definition they've been used 'normally' :)

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally bit the bullet and got a pair of Gore tex Bioms.

Today was soaking at my place and they held up even splashing through puddles

Just hope they keep it up now

Clueless

Hacker
Visit site
Try using Sealskinz socks if you want perfectly dry feet. They can feel a bit weird at first but they really work. I came across them cycling in winter, cycling shoes being mostly made of air they really are indispensible.

It seems to me that in both sports you can spend a lot of money for really weatherproof shoes that don't last, or you can spend £25 and not worry about it. Try online cycling shops to pick them up at a discount.

Not many posts and I'm recommending a product, I know what the more cynical of you here will think but it seemed a tip worth passing on.