Waterproof Shoes

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Took up golf again last year after a lay off of almost 30 years. Opted for some second hand gear and some fairly cheap Nike shoes just in case the bug didn't bite.

Should not have worried, soon started playing 3/4 times a week and have been enjoying it ever since. Unfortunately, feet not so happy with cheap Nikes so replaced by FJ Sports. Better but not by much. After much Googling settled for Ecco Biom - Brilliant - Very comfortable but NOT at all waterproof.

Suggestions please for comfortable waterproof shoes.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got the AdiZero 6 spikes. Ultra comfortable, ultra light and completely waterproof. I've only had wet socks thanks to sweaty feet since owning these. Worn them 2-3 times per week since OCtober and they are still in great condition.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never had an issue with either my FJ Contour or FJ AQL shoes, but I know that some on here have had leakage issues*

* not age related, I hasten to add ;)

rich1981

Club Champion
Visit site
I have had Nike Lunar Controls and control II and both have been great, very comfy and waterproof. You should be able to pick up the original Lunar controls quite cheap now if you can find them. I did try on the adizero's but they were too narrow for me even in their wide guise.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
+1 for the FootJoy Aqua's. I picked a pair up in American Golf a few weeks back. 12 month guaranteed waterproof too - so can't go wrong.

Comfiest shoes I've even played in.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I change to FJ AQL's in the heavy winter but my Nike Control ll's are waterproof but my 3 pairs of Lunars were not!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Took up golf again last year after a lay off of almost 30 years. Opted for some second hand gear and some fairly cheap Nike shoes just in case the bug didn't bite.

Should not have worried, soon started playing 3/4 times a week and have been enjoying it ever since. Unfortunately, feet not so happy with cheap Nikes so replaced by FJ Sports. Better but not by much. After much Googling settled for Ecco Biom - Brilliant - Very comfortable but NOT at all waterproof.

Suggestions please for comfortable waterproof shoes.

you want to try the Ecco that have gotex. i a pair that are 3 years old now abd have never as much let a drop in.. not cheap though.

Footjoys tried all rubbish
Nike =teabag
addidas = teabag

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
addidas = teabag

Huge sweeping generalisation there. I haven't got a problem with mine hence I reccomended them earlier. Trust me if there was any problem they'd be straight back in the pro shop for a swap, but they are coming up 12 months old and the guarantee is going to expire. I've no problem letting it as they have performed famously thus far.

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Huge sweeping generalisation there. I haven't got a problem with mine hence I reccomended them earlier. Trust me if there was any problem they'd be straight back in the pro shop for a swap, but they are coming up 12 months old and the guarantee is going to expire. I've no problem letting it as they have performed famously thus far.

check that, a lot of adidas are guaranteed for 2 years.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you can get hold of TRUE Linkswear Tours they are 100% waterproof. Usual parts plus a 'sock' which has kept my feet dry since last year in some pretty rubbish weather. Very comfy too.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
My Nike Lunar Bandon II's are amazing for harsh winter conditions but you can only get away with them with your waterproofs on, pants / shorts you'll look stupid.