Watching Tiger on TV

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It isn't just the Tv coverage it's everywhere and sadly you don't have to go far to see headlines like

'Tiger struggles while DJ leads: US Open Day one' :(

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
It isn't just the Tv coverage it's everywhere and sadly you don't have to go far to see headlines like

'Tiger struggles while DJ leads: US Open Day one' :(

That's true Bob and unfortuantely it's repeating with Rory. Look at the BBC website, for example, during most tournaments and you'll see a headline about how Rory did but might have to dig into the article to see who's actually winning.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For as long as there are viewers who want to see a great player crumble and mess up then they'll focus on him.

It's one way of looking at it. Another is, for as long as there are viewers who want to see a great player push through adversity to win again they'll focus on him.

He's a good story either way. I'd rather be watching him than a load of boring regulation pars.

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
people in this country love to kick someone when they are down, especially when they were so far above anyone else in golf terms, quite sad really.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
people in this country love to kick someone when they are down, especially when they were so far above anyone else in golf terms, quite sad really.
Maybe but not every top player is disliked, he is just really hard to warm to and always has been so a fair few are enjoying his fall.

D

Deleted member 1418

I wonder if he even bothered to pack a red shirt

:whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :clap: brilliant Bob.

At least he didn't say he was going for the 'W' during interviews earlier in the week! Perhaps he needs to say 'C' now..............:whistle:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

He was the best golfer in the world, he had a gorgeous family, millions of adoring fans and still has more money than he could possibly spend
And all the time he was cheating and lying to everyone.

And you want me to feel sorry for him?
I think not

If he is so stupid that he wont listen to what everyone is telling him, slow it down, then he will never win again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I seem to remember Faldo being totally written off when he made those big changes and was chopping. Came back to be a major winner so there are precedents but I think there is something else wrong with Woods. the technique may come back but it seems to desire and belief has gone and that would be harder to find again

D

Deleted member 1418

the technique may come back but it seems to desire and belief has gone and that would be harder to find again

I think you've got this the wrong way round IMO. I think the desire and belief is still there in spades otherwise he would've jacked it in by now. The problem is the belief in the technique at the moment. Whatever he thinks is the right way forward clearly isn't working presently. Whether it ever will is the issue and the big question.

He clearly needs to play more competitive golf, but whether his body will cope with that is debatable and unknown. Personally I think he's finished as a force in majors.