Wasn’t expecting that

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Decided to hit a few balls at the range, as I have only played once since Turnberry in March. Got a competition on Sunday, and with no chance of a game before hand, desperate measures and all.

Set up with a few balls beside a young lad with a lovely swing, who was creaming them down the middle. Few minutes later a young girl set up the other side of me, even better swing and did the same. We were all hitting off one big mat, with no dividers so no escape.

Just as I was getting a big inferiority complex, a chap came up and stood behind us, and starting giving the youngsters tips and drills. Not your usual teaching pro, but a US Open champion.:eek: Fortunately I was hitting driver by then so he didn’t have to watch me shanking my irons.

Any ideas who he was ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Decided to hit a few balls at the range, as I have only played once since Turnberry in March. Got a competition on Sunday, and with no chance of a game before hand, desperate measures and all.

Set up with a few balls beside a young lad with a lovely swing, who was creaming them down the middle. Few minutes later a young girl set up the other side of me, even better swing and did the same. We were all hitting off one big mat, with no dividers so no escape.

Just as I was getting a big inferiority complex, a chap came up and stood behind us, and starting giving the youngsters tips and drills. Not your usual teaching pro, but a US Open champion.:eek: Fortunately I was hitting driver by then so he didn’t have to watch me shanking my irons.

Any ideas who he was ?
Tony Jacklin ?