Washing machine recommendations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bunkermagnet, thanks for that, I’d missed the link to the recommendation first time round. Could I ask, if Siemens and Bosch are the same company in effect, is there a particular reason, other than the warranty, for recommending that Siemens? I’m going to have to discuss this with management so any pointers gratefully accepted. ?
I'm not sure the equivelent machines have the same programming or options, but I know their group place Siemens as the more "upmarket" label. I also think they look slightly better too:)

www.hiltonpark.net
I'm just reviving an old thread. The door lock has gone on our 12yo Bosch washing machine. I think it's probably not worth repairing, though would be interested to know if it is.
As far as a new one I would like something equally as bomb proof as the Bosch. Reading through here, that's not Bosch any more but interested if Siemens is even though they're part of same group. I don't mind paying more for a Miele but how do you when they go above being entry level? Also, AEG any good.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm just reviving an old thread. The door lock has gone on our 12yo Bosch washing machine. I think it's probably not worth repairing, though would be interested to know if it is.
As far as a new one I would like something equally as bomb proof as the Bosch. Reading through here, that's not Bosch any more but interested if Siemens is even though they're part of same group. I don't mind paying more for a Miele but how do you when they go above being entry level? Also, AEG any good.

I bought the cheapest Miele at the time and it is coming up to 10 years old with no issues.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks, I'm just worried the more recent models aren't quite as up to scratch as per bunkermagnet's post
The latest cheapest Mieles have a plastic outer drum as opposed to the stainless outer drum they used to have as do everything bar the cheapest ones. It's easy to tell, just fold the seal back at the drum and you will see either whitish plastic of shiny stainless steel.
The current Bosch are still ok, just not quite what they were....but then what is;)
AEG are part of the Electrolux group, and are generally Zanussi washing machines with a different fascia and door.

www.hiltonpark.net
The latest cheapest Mieles have a plastic outer drum as opposed to the stainless outer drum they used to have as do everything bar the cheapest ones. It's easy to tell, just fold the seal back at the drum and you will see either whitish plastic of shiny stainless steel.
The current Bosch are still ok, just not quite what they were....but then what is;)
AEG are part of the Electrolux group, and are generally Zanussi washing machines with a different fascia and door.
Thanks Bunkermagnet, I really appreciate the information. It's between the Siemens you linked earlier in the thread and a Miele.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
@Blue in Munich Our washing machine is on the go daily, and we run them into the ground. Have had Indesit, Bosch and Hotpoint, all done the job well. Current one is Hotpoint, no problems with it and got it for a very good price direct from Hotpoint using the Blue Light card NHS discount.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd probably now go for the cheapest machine, whatever the make, with the longest guarantee.

Slowly but surely, my appliances are changing to Hisense. Cheap as chips but the washing machine, dishwasher and TV have proved great value and the fridge to go in the new gym/bar garage conversion is likely to be the same.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
got to go white goods shopping this week, am now clued up on washing machines, any recommendations for dishwashers and fridge freezers, good or bad, TIA

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a Miele dishwasher. Again the basic model. Just checked prices though and OMG. Ours was no where near the prices for them now and it's not that old.