Warm Winter Jacket

D

Deleted member 23270

These are reputed to be superb base layers, comfortably warm but still breathable - Have you tried one Dave?
Yeah bought one last year, sizing comes up a fraction small though. Either that or my arms are the length of an orangutan!

Boomy

Visit site
I have different set ups for different conditions:

Bottom half:
During winter I always wear my adidas fleece lined winter trousers or if there is chance of a shower(s) I wear the Stromberg Winter Tech waterproof trousers. Another key is socks, I have always worn thick walking socks until I discovered Sealskinz socks after seeing them posted on here, they really are superb at keeping the old trotters warm (but not sweaty) and dry if its wets underfoot.

Top Half

Really cold, with cold wind; Adipure (adidas) merino wool mix jacket on top of a base layer and short sleeve polo shirt. The Adipure jacket is superb, so comfy and warm, keeps the wind out but doesn't restrict my swing or feel at all restrictive (I hate long sleeves on anything) Waterproof/insulated beanie hat (sometimes on top of a cap)

Cold, with cold wind: Merino wool base layer, long sleeve polo shirt and adidas frost guard gilet (body warmer) Standard type beanie hat

Cold, wet and windy: Merino wool base layer, long sleeve polo shirt and Footjoy Hydroknit waterproof top. The Hydroknit top is superb, doesn't feel restrictive at all and feels more like a wind layer than a waterproof top. Waterproof/insulated beanie hat (sometimes on top of a cap)

Links golf typhoon and horizontal rain: Full waterproofs, and merino layer underneath or sit in the bar with a bacon butty, cup of coffee and the heating on :cool:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely nothing compares to a good merino wool base layer for body and legs. They are pricey for a good quality and thread weight but I think mine have been the best money I’ve ever spent for all outdoor activities.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Absolutely nothing compares to a good merino wool base layer for body and legs. They are pricey for a good quality and thread weight but I think mine have been the best money I’ve ever spent for all outdoor activities.
I use my ski base layers, Merino, thin lightweight and v warm.